DatabasePrimer.com - a showcase for Xenforo pages and a site for database novices

Walter

Today we migrated a site dedicated to database novices to Xenforo 1.2:

http://www.databaseprimer.com

Prior to the migration the site was made with pure HTML, now we use Xenforo pages, even for the homepage. You can see that you can do a lot with Xenforo pages!

You probably will notice the menu bar on the left throughout the site - its based on the standard Xenforo page navigation but we added two important features:
  • the navigation not only shows on pages but also in the forum for a consistent site-wide navigation
  • we not only show pages but also important forums and categories
BTW, the addon was programmed by xfrocks , I paid for the addon but allowed him to release it for everyone.

Please be mild with your critics, we will refine the design further.

(and bear in mind that the forum currently is empty)

Very nice, I like the new feature with the navigation box, looking forwards to the release by xfrocks.

How do you update content on the pages?

Today we migrated a site dedicated to database novices to Xenforo 1.2:

http://www.databaseprimer.com

Prior to the migration the site was made with pure HTML, now we use Xenforo pages, even for the homepage. You can see that you can do a lot with Xenforo pages!

You probably will notice the menu bar on the left throughout the site - its based on the standard Xenforo page navigation but we added two important features:
  • the navigation not only shows on pages but also in the forum for a consistent site-wide navigation
  • we not only show pages but also important forums and categories
BTW, the addon was programmed by xfrocks , I paid for the addon but allowed him to release it for everyone.

Please be mild with your critics, we will refine the design further.

(and bear in mind that the forum currently is empty)
At the top of the page, you have lots of wasted space, you could with fill in the space with a logo or some advertising? Otherwise a good start.

Top Bottom