database tables

Your provider limits tables and not databases? There's a decent amount, let me see if I can find a number.

There is roughly 150 (153 to be exact) in 1.2.

Yes.

XenForo with the Resource Manager is 160 for example.

I doubt you will ever get to 1,000 tables though.

On 1 account I have 980 tables between 10 forum installs. And that's just 1 account. So with Xenforo I'm looking at 1600 tables with just RM and possibly more. I think it's time to remap accounts to accommodate as it looks like it will have to be cut in half per account.

Not if you have just 1 forum installed, even with Xenforo it would be hard (depending on the # of add-ons) to approach 1000 tables. But right now I'm averaging 10 forums per account each with its own sub domain. I've been dealing with this one host for over 15 years now and they have done right by me so I don't know if I want to change. I'll have a look see what others offer but the answer may be looking at dedicated or VPS plans. Crap more money LMAO

Not if you have just 1 forum installed, even with Xenforo it would be hard (depending on the # of add-ons) to approach 1000 tables. But right now I'm averaging 10 forums per account each with its own sub domain. I've been dealing with this one host for over 15 years now and they have done right by me so I don't know if I want to change. I'll have a look see what others offer but the answer may be looking at dedicated or VPS plans. Crap more money LMAO
If you want your own dedicated and hardware RAID is not that important (and you will be regularly backing up your data yourself - which you should be doing anyway) then you may want to check out http://servercomplete.com/dedicated. I have 3 of them and have good luck with all 3. If you HAVE to have hardware RAID, you can purchase a RAID card for around $199 and they will install it for you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom