Database question/ lost threads

tommydamic68

Hi all,
Question:
I currently have a Vbulletin 3 forum and will most likely br moving over to Xenforo very soon. Years ago I "accidentally" deleted one forum area with about 30,000 threads and posts. With that being said- at some point, shortly after, I had created a new database. I do have the old database with those 30,000 threads on my current server not in use- just sitting there.

IS IT POSSIBLE on install of Xenforo to move that one forum area over from the old database and them the entire current database over- or will it overwrite the other old ones. I would love to get those 30,000 threads back.

Thanks in advance!

Even if the forum area names are the same title?

For an example:

You own a VB forum. You have a current database that has a forum area called "X Pre sale questions" you the accidentally delete this section of your forum which had 30,000 threads. You then create that same forums title and threads and posts and start building in it again. You then copy and create a new database. So you have an old database with a forum area called "X presale questions" with 30,000 posts and a current new database that also has a forum called "X presale questions" that has 100,000 threads in it. Your saying I can transfer over and combine the two with the same forum
Name without losing threads and posts?

Last edited:
Top Bottom