XF 1.3 Database Prefix Problem Locally Xampp Windows

dawg

A month ago I ran into this problem but thought maybe it was my old machine so i moved it to my web server and it worked just fine.

I now have a new fast machine and the same problem persists.

I installed Xenforo locally for testing addons etc... I need a few threads and users to see how stuff looks in posts threads, forums, etc...

I restore an old vBulletin backup i have to import. again no problem importing my database locally. When I go to tools to import the data it will not take the database prefix. even though I am 1000% sure everything is correct. Been working with databases for 10 years i know how to set them up find prefixes etc..

It is correct yet it will not take the prefix. Is this a windows thing? Any work around?

What error do you get?

I haven't had that issue with XAMPP.

Are you sure the database name you are entering exactly matches?
Hi Brogan, I get the message that either my database or prefix is incorrect. I know it's the prefix because i can duplicate this setup on my webserver and it works perfectly.
I have never had any problems with xampp either, its just this one thing that has me stumped. But as i said everything has been checked, then double checked and checked again. The only issue is the Prefix but it's right.

Top Bottom