1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Database error?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Chi Bearhawks, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Chi Bearhawks

Chi Bearhawks Member

My site went offline a couple hours ago. The page is just pure text "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."

Checking the source, I get a comment as well:

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.
    <!-- Mysqli statement execute error : Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared -->

Any insight as to what's up with that? I'm on shared hosting, but it doesn't look like the server is being crowded.

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Check your server error logs.

3. Chi Bearhawks

Chi Bearhawks Member

I have none at all.

4. Chi Bearhawks

Chi Bearhawks Member

Let me correct that: On my server, I have 0 errors.

If I go into my database via phpmyadmin and look in the error log table for xenforo, I see the last few errors logged are "Mysqli statement execute error : Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared", but all the timestamps are very odd. They range from being in the year 2030-2067, for one.

5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Sounds like an issue with your host. Have you tried contacting your host?

6. Chi Bearhawks

Chi Bearhawks Member

No, I have not yet. I'll contact them shortly. Is there anything worth mentioning specifically, rather than "Hey, something's up. Fix it."?

7. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

As much info as possible. That error, for one, when it started, how long it's been, etc.

8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member