Database Error? Site won't load

thunderup

Okay, so recently... On occasion.. I will either get a one line database error that lasts for about 5 to 10 minutes, and sometimes the forums just will take forever to load...

I have an unlimited space / bandwidth server that I am running on ..

I have three other websites (one is a vBulletin) running on the same server but they DO NOT share the same database...

Any ideas why occasionally the xenForo will trick out and give an error (while my other three websites all load up instantly during this period), or there will be times when it is very slow?

Thank you!

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

That's what I believe I have gotten... Has only happened recently within the past couple of days

Weird that it is showing the most recent one as August 18th.. I know it's happened since then as it did just two days ago and yesterday
Mysqli statement execute error : Query execution was interrupted

That can indicate problems with SQL or your server.

Check how long SQL has been running and does it coincide with the time of the error?

Also, sometimes I will get the lightbox popup "The server didn't respond in time."

Is that just a normal thing to deal with for the earlier versions of xF?

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

That's what I believe I have gotten... Has only happened recently within the past couple of days

It is important to know what the underlying error is. If these most recent errors are not contained in the log then try enabling debug mode by adding this line to your library/config.php file:

Code:
$config['debug'] = 1;

That should reveal a more detailed error message when the error is actually happening. But you don't want to leave debug mode enabled on a live forum.

Weird that it is showing the most recent one as August 18th.. I know it's happened since then as it did just two days ago and yesterday

Mysqli statement execute error : Query execution was interrupted

Ultimately this is a server problem. The server might be having uptime problems as Brogan indicated. Or maybe the query is hitting a timeout or other server limit. Contact your web host or server person.

Top Bottom