Database Connection

Daniel Hood

I went to look at my database process list and it has a few processes with the command "Sleep". The only thing installed using that database is xF? Any ideas what the issue is? I've also been getting
"An exception occurred: User xF already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in" error off and on all day?

I went to look at my database process list and it has a few processes with the command "Sleep". The only thing installed using that database is xF? Any ideas what the issue is? I've also been getting
"An exception occurred: User xF already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in" error off and on all day?

That error is due to you going over the max_connections variable setting in your my.cnf file

You will need to increase that and restart MySQL to stop that from happening.

It says the max user connections is like 109, I haven't put the site live so it was just me on it. I was setting things up and stuff. I probably loaded like 100 pages in my session. I'm testing on a cheap server so I understand if that was somewhat the issue. I just want to make sure that xF closes all connections and everything. I'm mostly interested in the sleep processes.

I figured this out. My problem was that I was using sleep to wait and compare results after a set amount of time. The page was timing out before it got to the end (where the connection is closed).

Top Bottom