1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Database Connection

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Daniel Hood, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

I went to look at my database process list and it has a few processes with the command "Sleep". The only thing installed using that database is xF? Any ideas what the issue is? I've also been getting
    "An exception occurred: User xF already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in" error off and on all day?
  2. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

That error is due to you going over the max_connections variable setting in your my.cnf file

You will need to increase that and restart MySQL to stop that from happening.
  3. Daniel Hood

It says the max user connections is like 109, I haven't put the site live so it was just me on it. I was setting things up and stuff. I probably loaded like 100 pages in my session. I'm testing on a cheap server so I understand if that was somewhat the issue. I just want to make sure that xF closes all connections and everything. I'm mostly interested in the sleep processes.
  4. Daniel Hood

I figured this out. My problem was that I was using sleep to wait and compare results after a set amount of time. The page was timing out before it got to the end (where the connection is closed).