XF 2.0 Data/Internal Data not writable

Elizabeth

BUT THEY ARE!!!! I've checked and rechecked. Uploaded the upgrade twice on my test board and it keeps saying they aren't writable.

I have them set for 777 in my FTP.

Earlier it was telling me I had the latest version of 1.5.16 (was going up to 2.0.12 first) So I uploaded the files the second time and rebuilt the master data. Then I get this:
The following errors occurred while verifying that your server can run XenForo:
  • All directories under /home/xxx/public_html/forums/data must be writable. Please change the permissions on these directories to be world writable (chmod 0777).
  • All directories under /home/xxx/public_html/forums/internal_data must be writable. Please change the permissions on these directories to be world writable (chmod 0777).
Please correct these errors and try again.

I do and it's still happening, three times in a row.

I think I can go backwards. Since it hasn't hit the database yet, I can put a new copy of the old files in a new folder on the ftp. But if it does it again, how do I get around it?

When you apply the 777 CHMOD, did you apply it recursively to all directories underneath /data/? Most FTP clients allow for this.

It could be the main data and internal_data directories are writable, but some sub-folder in the structure isn't.

Top Bottom