DarkTabbed (9 Colors) [Deleted]

The block filter bar can be customized via Style Properties -> Blocks -> Block Filter Bar. It also uses a gradient set in the extra CSS field:
background: linear-gradient(@xf-nlPrimaryAlt3,@xf-nlPrimaryAlt5);

These point to my custom Palette entries but you can of course change any of this as you wish.

If you wanted to change the gradient everywhere on the theme, you could do this by editing the nlPrimaryAlt3 and nlPrimaryAlt5 colors.

@whitesky

I'd like to take a moment to thank you for your help with DarkTabbed. I'm preparing to upgrade my board to XF2 in May. Thanks to your excellent support, I've decided to permanently adopt DarkTabbed when I upgrade.

Now, I have another question. How do I customize the typography? I thought the Typography settings in the Style Properties controlled how the board's text looks, but when I tried changing the font family to 'Lato', sans serif, none of the text reflected the change.

Last edited:
@whitesky

I'd like to take a moment to thank you for your help with DarkTabbed. I'm preparing to upgrade my board to XF2 in May. Thanks to your excellent support, I've decided to permanently adopt DarkTabbed when I upgrade.

Now, I have another question. How do I customize the typography? I thought the Typography settings in the Style Properties controlled how the board's text looks, but when I tried changing the font family to 'Lato', sans serif, none of the text reflected the change.
Hey Matthew, thanks for your kind words and really glad you're liking the theme! That really means a lot and looking forward to releasing even more great stuff for DarkTabbed.

As for the typography in the XF1 version of the theme, here's the steps for changing the overall used font:

For non-Google Fonts (standard web fonts):
1. Goto Style Properties -> General -> Body -> Font Family field
2. Change the field entry in ''s from Roboto to the font you wish:
CSS:
'Roboto', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif
3. Save Style Property. This should change the global font everywhere, I don't believe DT XF1 specifies another font anywhere in the Style Properties.

For Google Web Fonts:
1. Goto https://fonts.google.com
2. Find the font you want and click the "+" symbol to add it to your selection:
Google-Fonts.webp

3. Click on your selection bar at the bottom:
Google Fonts (1).webp

4. Copy the <link... > embed code from this field:
Google-Fonts-(2).webp

5. Goto Style Properties -> [Nulumia] Fonts & Icons -> Google Fonts (large text field).
6. Paste the embed code for your Google Font over the existing <link> code, save.
7. Follow the same steps as above for the non-Google fonts by setting the body font within Style Properties -> General -> Body.

Let me know if this works for you,

-Robert

Just to note also on the Google Fonts, XF2 does most of this automatically and is much easier to manage than in XF1.

Just to note also on the Google Fonts, XF2 does most of this automatically and is much easier to manage than in XF1.

That's good to know because the test board I'm customizing is using XF2. I'm learning as much as I can now, with it, before I upgrade my live board and install DarkTabbed there. ;)

How do I customize the fonts in XF2?

Sorry on the reply as I was away this weekend. In Xenforo 2, Google web fonts are actually handled by Xenforo, so no need for custom options and properties as set by a theme or mod developer.

Xenforo 2 has its own Style Property group called Typography which has all the theme-wide font settings, this replaces going in Xenforo 1 to the General/Body field. One of the new conveniences in Xenforo 2 :), many Style Properties are much easier to use.

No worries.

Nice. I think I found it. How do I adjust the bold setting of the Category titles?
This can be done by going to Style Properties -> Forum/node list -> Category Title. Then next to Color you can change the Weight field from blank to Bold. This will change all the forum category titles. Individual node titles can also be done a few properties lower down under Node Titles.

Happy to announce a new bundle of updates coming shortly to DarkTabbed!

Several items from next patch:
- Move visitor tabs to header/logo row (this feature was removed but being re-added)
- Hover node colors
- Update to latest Xenforo build
- New color presets
- New mod compatibility

Then next to Color you can change the Weight field from blank to Bold.

Thanks. I actually thought it was already bold and wanted to make it thinner so I set it Normal.

Now I have a feature request: I'd like an option to remove my board's text logo so it doesn't create a redundancy between my image logo.

I tried removing from the Board Title field in the Basic Board Information but doing that also removed the link to my board from the top-left corner of the ACP.

Hmm.. for this one I believe Xenforo mainly places the written text of your site name as an alt text backup within the HTML, for accessibility compliance and search crawl, etc.

When you say redundancy, do you mean how it places the written out board title on the home page above your forum listing? If so, this area could be technically removed. Let me know as I can help further.

Just an update on the title idea, I'm currently looking into whether or not I might include something like this in a feature update. The reason is that Xenforo places the main <h1> tag around the page title, and I've always been a bit hesitant (due to Google's recommendations & directives) to mess with hiding the <h1> tag. But this gets into SEO related territory.

It can however be manually done by placing the following CSS into the extra.less template:

CSS:
h1.p-title-value {
    display: none;
}

This will hide the title of every page.

You can also only hide the title on the main forum listing (which would be the name of your site or forum) by using this version:

CSS:
.template-forum_list h1.p-title-value {
    display: none;
}

You can also only hide the title on the main forum listing (which would be the name of your site or forum) by using this version:

That's what I wanted to do, so thanks. Unfortunately, the New Posts and Post Thread buttons moved to the left side of the screen when I added it. Is there a way to keep them on the right?

Pretty major patch incoming in the next day, will be covering a Javascript Youtube API conflict when using the slider with videos, and other embedded media such as ads or Twitter embeds.
That's what I wanted to do, so thanks. Unfortunately, the New Posts and Post Thread buttons moved to the left side of the screen when I added it. Is there a way to keep them on the right?
Will definitely add some compatibility in the incoming patch, as I'm working on an idea to move the page title to different locations as well.

whitesky updated DarkTabbed with a new update entry:

Javascript Hotfix - Fixes ads, Twitter, Youtube etc

This is a Jquery hotfix which solves an issue where occassionally, embedded content such as banners, Twitter embeds (individual tweets), or other iframe elements would show incorrect content on full page load.

It appears this is due to a Javascript conflict between YouTube video API when the theme slider is loaded and displays a video slide.

To fix, please download the attached file and upload/overwrite to the following directory...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi @rivacom,
Bullets are being re-added to the message area in the new upcoming theme. This was a sort of side-effect of a recent change to clean up some default Xenforo code but will be fixed.

You can drop this into your extra.less template to make them appear:
CSS:
article li,
blockquote li,
.message li {
    list-style:  inherit;
}

article ul,
blockquote ul,
.message ul {
    margin: inherit;
    padding-left: 30px;