LightTabbed (10 Colors) [Deleted]

Nulumia

whitesky submitted a new resource:

LightTabbed (10 Colors) - A clean, modern UI style with powerful features, free slideshow, footer, ticker, 10 PRESETS

5tCaWdy.jpg

LightTabbed – A Clean Light Responsive Theme Bundle
Based on our hugely popular DarkTabbed style, LightTabbed features a clean, modern interface with vibrant colors and powerful free theme features for Xenforo 2 forum.

Features
  • Logo PSD included
  • Powered by NulumiaBase Framework, includes an ever growing set of customizations, tweaks, improvements and mod support to the core Xenforo system...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks Brian :-), so the nodes are easy to change by going to the following template:
Admin -> Appearance -> LightTabbed (your active sub-style) -> Templates -> nl_node_backgrounds.less

You will find around 20 or so nodes as example are already filled out, like this:

Code:
/* Node images */

.node--id1 .nodeImgPreview {
    background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/CJ3hk26.jpg) !important;
}

All you need to do is copy and paste these entries as many times as you need, and then change the "node--idx" ID number and then a link to your image. You can find the node ID by going to Admin -> Forums -> Nodes and hovering over your nodes (See URL in bottom corner of your browser). You can also do this by browsing to each on your frontend.

If you happen to use [TH] Node grid addon, the process is easier as their addon works directly with Xenforo's node management section. However since my system is a free feature within the style itself, it uses this modification method :-).

Let me know if this helps,

whitesky updated LightTabbed (10 Colors) with a new update entry:

NulumiaBase Upgrade - Xenforo 2.0.10 - New Features - Bugfixes

October 20th, 2018 | Theme Version 1.0.1

To view this latest version live, please visit the Demo Forum here:
https://demo.nulumia.com/xf2/index.php?misc/style&style_id=37

To update your theme, please download the latest version at:
https://www.nulumia.com/my-account/downloads/

Overview

This release updates LightTabbed for several NulumiaBase framework versions, bringing new feature improvements and bugfixes. You can now set custom Font...

Read the rest of this update entry...

whitesky updated LightTabbed (10 Colors) with a new update entry:

Added Featured Widgets, XenPorta Portal Compatibility

November 11, 2018 | Theme Version 1.0.2

To view this latest version live, please visit the Demo Forum here:
https://demo.nulumia.com/xf2/index.php?misc/style&style_id=37

To update your theme, please download the latest version at:
https://www.nulumia.com/my-account/downloads/

Overview

This release updates adds four new Featured HTML widget slows, up to a total of 10. It also brings basic style compatibility with...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The latest release adds basic style compatibility with XenPorta 2 from 8WayRun. This was a major focal point addon of my Xenforo 1 styles, and I plan on doing the same for my XF2 theme editions.

In the coming updates, all of my themes - in particular DarkTabbed & LightTabbed - will be receiving substantial new UI improvements and overhauls. In particular, new polished enhancements based around XenPorta, as well as content, color, form and typography changes. This will help give the themes a fresher, more modernized experience.

More on these soon!

Hi JoyFreak, I just refreshed download permissions and you should have access to the theme at:
Let me know if you need any other help,

Hi! I've just bought LightTabbed for a new forum I'm building, and I can't work out how to change to the Charcoal colour scheme. Is this an easy setting or do I have to alter all the colours manually?

Hi SiliconS,
No problem this is easy to do!
In your download package, within the XML folder you'll find another folder named /color-presets/. For your case, you simply want to import:
style-LightTabbed---Charcoal-(Parent-DO-NOT-EDIT).xml

(You can ignore the /child-styles/ folder as this is for users who wish to install all presets available under one parent theme)

There is no need for you to install the main xml file directly in the /XML/ folder, as that is the classic blue theme.

After importing the Charcoal XML, I recommend following standard parent-child configuration steps:
  1. Create a New Style, and select "Charcoal (Parent DO NOT EDIT)" as the parent
  2. Once your child-style is created, hide the parent style from visitor selection, and rename your child-style to whatever you prefer
  3. Make all customizations in your child-style only, and leave the hidden parent theme for overwrites/upgrades only.
Example:

If you have any questions on this let me know!

Just a heads-up, since most of my themes come with many presets to choose from, some users want to run multiple presets for their visitors. To accomplish this while allowing you to have identical Nulumia settings for all presets (such as slider, footer layout etc), but also allowing upgrades to the master theme, this requires a bit more careful setup:
  • LightTabbed (Parent - DO NOT EDIT) <--- hide from visitor selection. Overwrite/upgrade only, do not edit otherwise.
    • LightTabbed <--- this is still a child style, but acts as a 'parent' for all presets below. Make all Nulumia theme settings here, such as slider, footer, featured widgets, etc so they trickle down.
      • LightTabbed - Green <--- import the green XML from the /color-presets/child-styles/ folder, with your live style directly above as the parent
      • LightTabbed - Red <--- repeat same step as above..
      • LightTabbed - Orange

I have another question...
I'd like to set my own node background images and I'm comfortable following the instructions above, but what size should the images be?

I have another question...
I'd like to set my own node background images and I'm comfortable following the instructions above, but what size should the images be?
Sorry as I was away for Sunday,
Just to mention if you didn't know - this is done via the "node_custom_backgrounds.less" template for each of your nodes.

As for the sizes, I'd say it depends on if you're using the grid layout (via [Nulumia] Node Settings), or keeping the single default rows. If default, you'd want to use longer images, say perhaps 800x200px. With the grid layout, something around 500x300 should suffice (I use 400x240 for many demo theme images), example:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Note that if there's an odd number of nodes in a category and the last node stretches, a smaller image will look a bit blurry, but it's a trade-off against running many large resolution images for each node.

Feel free to look around a few themes at the demo site to check how the images would look:

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks again whitesky. It does help. I've used images that are 512 pixels wide and generally they seem OK, but I haven't experimented with their height. I think I might make slightly bigger versions though because they do go blurry when there aren't three nodes in a row.

I have yet another question now though! I want to define the background images for 'LightTabbed' in nl_node_backgrounds.less and have the images inherited by both Charcoal and Red automatically. But that doesn't seem to work. (This may be a question about how XenForo works rather than something specific to your styles.)

Example,

Is this possible, do you know please?

@whitesky If I upgrade to the XF 2.1 RC1 will there be issues with this theme? I understand the Theme itself needs to be upgraded but curious as to what can be expected now if I do this.

Thanks,

Top Bottom