DarkTabbed (9 Colors) [Deleted]

Not a problem. Please can add support for work add-on [TH] Holidays? Holidays node icon will show in center?

hM5yNzqVQAmcC3s94ad7cg.png
Sure I can add this

whitesky updated DarkTabbed with a new update entry:

NulumiaBase Upgrade, New color presets, percentage width mode

February 20th, 2018 | Theme Version 1.0.5

To view this latest version live, please visit the Demo Forum here:
https://demo.nulumia.com/xf2/index.php?misc/style&style_id=4

To update your theme, please download the latest version at:
https://www.nulumia.com/my-account/downloads/

Overview

This release adds seven new color presets to DarkTabbed: Green, Yellow, Red, Lime, Purple, Orange, and Teal. It also adds a few color tweaks, some...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Apologies you're seeing this issue - quite strange as I've tested the styles on several installations. I've reverted the available download package for the moment and am checking into why this could be happening^.

Hotfix with no re-import needed:
Admin -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Footer -> Footer links -> Change text color from "inherit" to any color from the Color Picker, such as @xf-LinkColor. This should fix the theme entirely.

I'll report on more detail shortly.

Issue turned out to be this small Xenforo code:
CSS:
&:hover {
    background-color: fade(@xf-publicFooterLink--color, 10%);
}
This is hard-coded in XF2 templates and forces to use a text color for the Footer Links property. If none is set or left blank (in XF1 this would just inherit regular <a> link color), it will throw an error.

The odd part is that no errors were produced until multiple times of rebuilding/importing the theme. My own development theme finally showed the error after several rebuilds. This seems a bit of odd new XF2 strict render and I will be keeping this in mind for future patches.

Ideally I aim to clean out any hard-coded XF2 colors in my themes as I believe they're best done in style properties.

The download package has been updated to include fixes, or see my hotfix above

Issue turned out to be this small Xenforo code:
CSS:
&:hover {
    background-color: fade(@xf-publicFooterLink--color, 10%);
}
This is hard-coded in XF2 templates and forces to use a text color for the Footer Links property. If none is set or left blank (in XF1 this would just inherit regular <a> link color), it will throw an error.

The odd part is that no errors were produced until multiple times of rebuilding/importing the theme. My own development theme finally showed the error after several rebuilds. This seems a bit of odd new XF2 strict render and I will be keeping this in mind for future patches.

Ideally I aim to clean out any hard-coded XF2 colors in my themes as I believe they're best done in style properties.

The download package has been updated to include fixes, or see my hotfix above

Great fixed this issue. When added any option style property in Xenforo core style property group then Why not add tag "NB" for understanding that what Style properties come from NulumiaBase framework?

Example: [NB] Minimum page width

Great fixed this issue. When added any option style property in Xenforo core style property group then Why not add tag "NB" for understanding that what Style properties come from NulumiaBase framework?

Example: [NB] Minimum page width
Great to hear it worked fine for you.This
code actually is in default Xenforo, and points to default style property, it just doesn't like it if you choose not to use a text color in the style property. In XF1 you could do this no problem.

As for my properties, I do label the internal ID such as nlPageWidthMedium, though yes this wouldn't be visible to the user. I can consider between leaving my custom properties "seamless" among the others, or marking them clearly as custom.

whitesky updated DarkTabbed with a new update entry:

New color preset! Royal Gold

This update is not a new version and doesn't require download by existing users.

DarkTabbed now comes bundled with a new preset, Royal Gold -- a beautiful new dark and classy twist on the theme. Royal Gold uses soft textures and even includes new hover animation effects over several elements, giving a beautiful shimmer glow. More effects will be included over time!

View attachment 169482

Live Demo:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Marian, thanks for the question, DarkTabbed was $5 off during the launch week but it's gone back to regular $30 to match the Xenforo 1 theme for now. I will be rolling out coupons/credits towards additional purchases towards my other themes and products soon, this feature will be coming with the new Nulumia website and shop :-)

How do I change the background color and the gradient value for forum categories?

Hi Matthew, happy to help.

If by background color you mean the overall page background, by default DarkTabbed uses a repeating background image which you'd first want to remove.

This can be done via Style Properties -> General -> Body -> clear the background image field. You can then edit the background color directly into this Style Property, or via Color Palette -> @pageBackground.

For the forum nodes, you can edit this via Style Properties -> Forum / Node List -> Forum Row. In the extra CSS field, you will see:
Code:
background: linear-gradient(@nlAlt1Color, @nlAlt4Color);

This gradient is set to use my custom Color Palette entries, but you can change these as you like. For example, changing to:
Code:
background: linear-gradient(@nlAlt2Color, @nlAlt5Color);
.. would yield a lighter result. Or you could enter your own custom values such as:
Code:
background: linear-gradient(#333, #444);

By removing this gradient entry it would fall back to using a solid background color.

Also remember that when enabling Custom Node Backgrounds (which normally uses images), this will temporarily turn off the gradient usage.

Let me know if you need more help :-)

-Robert

Sorry Matthew.. this was for XF1 style :oops:, let me update for XF2 theme instructions! Few minutes..

For XF2 theme:

To change page background, goto Style Properties -> Page Setup -> Page background, and strip out the background image field. Then either change the background color field directly, or via Basic Colors -> Page Background.

For the nodes, go to Style Properties -> Node/Forum List -> Forum Row. In the extra CSS field, find:
background: linear-gradient(@xf-nlNeutralAlt1,@xf-nlNeutralAlt4); and like my previous instructions above, you can change this as needed.

Hope this helps :-)

For the nodes, go to Style Properties -> Node/Forum List -> Forum Row. In the extra CSS field, find:
background: linear-gradient(@xf-nlNeutralAlt1,@xf-nlNeutralAlt4); and like my previous instructions above, you can change this as needed.

This is what I was asking about. Thanks.

Top Bottom