Dark Taiga Chat Font Colour issue...

Shane Greer

Hi Guys

I use the chat module with BP-Brown and frankly the text in the chatbox is real hard to see.

Here is the .css code. Which/What do I change to make the text black?

Thanks

HTML:
/* Darkimmortal's TaigaChat */

#taigachat_box { width: 220px; height: 300px; border: 1px solid @primaryLighter; padding: 5px; margin: 5px -2px 0 -2px; overflow: auto; overflow-y: scroll; font-size: 11px; background: @primaryLightest; }
.taigachat_reverse #taigachat_box { margin-bottom: 5px; margin-top: 0; }
#taigachat_box li { background: @primaryLightest; margin-bottom: 6px; }
#taigachat_controls { text-align: center; margin: 10px 0 5px; }

.taigachat_avatar img { width: 16px; height: 16px; padding: 0; vertical-align: bottom; }

.taigachat_reverse #taigachat_controls { margin: 0; }
#taigachat_controls .button { vertical-align: top; }
#taigachat_box .username { font-size: 11px; display: inline; }
#taigachat_box .Popup { display: inline-block; }
#taigachat_box.taigachat_thumbzoom .bbCodeImage { max-width: 203px; }
.taigachat_messagetext { display: inline-block; word-wrap: break-word; max-width: 100%;}
#taigachat_toolbar { margin-bottom: 5px; }
#taigachat_sidebar #taigachat_toolbar, #taigachat_full.taigachat_alt #taigachat_toolbar { display: none }
.taigachat_credit { text-align: right; color: @primaryLightest; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 5px; }

#taigachat_sidebar #taigachat_message { width: 193px; font-size: 11px; }
#taigachat_sidebar #taigachat_send { height: 21px; }
#taigachat_sidebar #taigachat_controls { margin: 5px 0 0; }
#taigachat_sidebar.taigachat_reverse #taigachat_controls { margin: 0; }

#taigachat_full #taigachat_box { width: 97%; height: 600px; margin: 0 auto 10px auto; font-size: 13px; }
#taigachat_full #taigachat_message { width: 90%; }
#taigachat_full .DateTime { font-size: 11px; }
#taigachat_full #taigachat_box .username { font-size: 13px; }
#taigachat_full .taigachat_messagetext { display: inline; }
#taigachat_full.taigachat_normal #taigachat_controls { margin: 0 0 5px; }

#taigachat_full.taigachat_alt #taigachat_box { font-size: 12px; margin: 0 auto 5px auto; width: 97%; }
#taigachat_full.taigachat_alt.taigachat_reverse #taigachat_box { margin: 10px auto; }
#taigachat_full.taigachat_alt #taigachat_box .username { font-size: 12px; }
#taigachat_full.taigachat_alt.taigachat_normal #taigachat_controls { margin: 10px 0 5px; }

/*.taigachat_popup_body { height: 100%; }*/
.taigachat_popup { padding: 0; height: 100%; margin: 0; position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; bottom: 0; right: 0;  }
.taigachat_popup > div { height: 100%; margin: -20px 0 0 0; padding: 10px 0; border-bottom: 0;  }
.taigachat_popup #taigachat_box { height: auto !important; position: absolute; top: 40px; left: 10px; right: 10px; bottom: 10px; width: auto !important; }
.taigachat_popup #taigachat_controls { position: absolute; left: 10px; right: 10px; top: 10px; }
.taigachat_popup.taigachat_reverse #taigachat_box { top: 10px; left: 10px; right: 10px; bottom: 30px; }
.taigachat_popup.taigachat_reverse #taigachat_controls { left: 10px; right: 10px; bottom: 10px; top: auto; }
.taigachat_toolbar_enabled .taigachat_popup #taigachat_box { top: 70px; }
.taigachat_toolbar_enabled .taigachat_popup.taigachat_reverse #taigachat_box { bottom: 60px; top: 10px; }
.taigachat_popup .taigachat_credit { display: none }

.taigachat_smilies_list { max-width: 250px; max-height: 225px !important; }
.taigachat_smilies_list li { display: inline; }
.taigachat_smilie { padding: 4px 6px; display: inline-block !important; }
.taigachat_bbcode { padding: 0; }
.xenForoSkin .taigachat_bbcode_color { display: block; width: 20px; height: 20px; background:url(styles/dark/color_swatch.png) no-repeat center; }

The only styling there that affects text colour is this:

.taigachat_credit { text-align: right; color: @primaryLightest; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 5px; }

Change @primaryLightest to whatever colour you want it to be.

However, I'm not entirely convinced, based on the property name of taigachat_credit that it will be the correct one. And we might need to add something to it to control or overwrite the default colour.

If you've got a link to the page with the chatbox, I'll be able to tell you exactly what property controls the text and what you need to change to get it to work.

If the board is private, feel free to PM me.

Hmm,

You might have another problem.

I get this error when clicking my confirmation e-mail:

No data received

Unable to load the web page because the server sent no data.
Here are some suggestions:

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.
Would you mind manually confirming my account in the Admin CP? I assume you have to be fully registered to see the chat.

After you've activated me, it might be worth you checking out your Server Error Log in the Admin CP in case anything has been logged in there.

After you've activated me, it might be worth you checking out your Server Error Log in the Admin CP in case anything has been logged in there.

No there are no errors listed.

I'll be in the Registered group, but my User State needs to be set to Valid.

Ive added you to the valid group.

I dont actually want email verification so I take it I can change the registration process somewhere?

If you prefer, you can make these changes in the EXTRA.CSS template so you don't have to alter the original templates:

Code:
#taigachat_box .username { font-size: 11px; display: inline; color: black; }
.taigachat_messagetext { display: inline-block; word-wrap: break-word; max-width: 100%; color: black; }
#taigachat_full .DateTime { font-size: 11px; color: black; }

Those lines are identical from your snippet of code above, but each line has "color: black;" added. You can change that to whatever colour or hex code you like :)

No there are no errors listed.

Ive added you to the valid group.

I dont actually want email verification so I take it I can change the registration process somewhere?
In Admin CP > Options > User Registration you can turn off email verification if you wish.

Looks good :)

Are you trying to redirect from an old forum software to XenForo?

Give me a shout if you need a hand with that. The redirection scripts here work perfectly.

Looks good :)

Are you trying to redirect from an old forum software to XenForo?

Give me a shout if you need a hand with that. The redirection scripts here work perfectly.

Yeah its from a vb4 site.

Not sure if I got it working correctly though.

I'm sure it can be fixed.

As it redirects to http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forum/ I wonder if it's missing the redirect log.

You probably have a 301redirect.php file in your thefgmforum folder. Can you paste the contents here. If there's anything sensitive in there, you can remove it or just PM it to me if you prefer.

Top Bottom