• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Dark & Red Theme 2.2

No permission to download

D.O.A.

D.O.A. submitted a new resource:

Dark & Red Theme (version 2.1) - you've got red on you

This is a dark theme I whipped up for my own forums. It's all handled in EXTRA.css.

If you require a full width theme, add this in the page width controller
Code:
min-width: 853px;
margin: 0 20px;
install:
upload "darkred" folder to your /styles/ directory and install the .xml theme file.

If you want the footer you need to install;
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/lms-footer-pie-xenfácil.57/

View attachment 26958 ...
Read more about this resource...

ArnyVee

Awesome to see this style updated! I was using the old style on a test site that I'm developing.

DOA, anything that we need to do by upgrading from the previous version?

D.O.A.

Awesome to see this style updated! I was using the old style on a test site that I'm developing.

DOA, anything that we need to do by upgrading from the previous version?
Just a few css fixes, nothing that major... this time images (background etc) are included. If anything the way I have another xenforo styles folder inside mine (hence the download size here) probably wont appeal to everyone, but it's the way I had my theme set up for some other stuff when I packaged this up again. Unless you run a server on a USB drive, another <1mb folder wont hurt :D

Kainzo

Just a few css fixes, nothing that major... this time images (background etc) are included. If anything the way I have another xenforo styles folder inside mine (hence the download size here) probably wont appeal to everyone, but it's the way I had my theme set up for some other stuff when I packaged this up again. Unless you run a server on a USB drive, another <1mb folder wont hurt :D
Hey Man, is there a way to change the forum thread notification icons? (The skull) I'd like to swap them out if possible - otherwise I love the feel of the forum!

Kainzo

Do you mean the node sprites in the first screenshot? because I don't include them, it's the default stuff besides background images, which you could easily edit/change :)
I must be smoking something, yeah sorry I installed and saw they arent there, now to find some good ones and change them :p Happen to know what folder they are saved under?

D.O.A.

You need to read the EXTRA.CSS and edit it, remove background repeat or whatever I have there. I can't remember.

I see Jaxel has pointed out in a review it's too hard to customise, I'm pointing out again I don't use the style editor. easy as it may be, it's not something I'll ever use. This themes comes as is.

ArnyVee

DOA, you didn't even have to share this with anyone. So, I know that I'm VERY appreciative that you took the time to do so.

Thanks my friend!

Xyphien

I have a slight problem here. When I have a category inside of a category, the forums look like this:
<snip due to malicious image warning>
See how the indiana Discussions, messages, and half of the latest content box is cut off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having a problem, installed fine, done the instructions to do a full-width theme. However the navbar does not move to the left hand side, the main nodes and forum are adjusted fine. What do i do now?

D.O.A.

D.O.A. updated Dark & Red Theme with a new update entry:

Responsive version 1.2 update

This is the theme we use from our forum community so it needs a little setting up before using it live.

View attachment 59085

View attachment 59086

Use the blue banner styling above for the extra.css to override it.

You need this redactor add-on so colours can be assigned for just the editor if you want to have white background/black text there.
As it comes it will be the other way around....
Read the rest of this update entry...