1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained Dark & Red Theme 2.2

you've got red on you

1. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

D.O.A. submitted a new resource:

Dark & Red Theme (version 2.1) - you've got red on you

Read more about this resource...

zobibobo and ArnyVee like this.
  2. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

ArnyVee likes this.
  3. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Awesome to see this style updated! I was using the old style on a test site that I'm developing.

DOA, anything that we need to do by upgrading from the previous version?

D.O.A. likes this.
  4. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

Just a few css fixes, nothing that major... this time images (background etc) are included. If anything the way I have another xenforo styles folder inside mine (hence the download size here) probably wont appeal to everyone, but it's the way I had my theme set up for some other stuff when I packaged this up again. Unless you run a server on a USB drive, another <1mb folder wont hurt :D

5. gregory1989

gregory1989 Member

This style looks awesome!!

D.O.A. likes this.
  6. Kainzo

Kainzo Active Member

Hey Man, is there a way to change the forum thread notification icons? (The skull) I'd like to swap them out if possible - otherwise I love the feel of the forum!

D.O.A. likes this.
  7. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

Do you mean the node sprites in the first screenshot? because I don't include them, it's the default stuff besides background images, which you could easily edit/change :)

8. Kainzo

Kainzo Active Member

I must be smoking something, yeah sorry I installed and saw they arent there, now to find some good ones and change them :p Happen to know what folder they are saved under?

9. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

darkred/xenforo/node-sprite.png I believe :)

10. madmartigan

madmartigan Active Member

11. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

I don't use that junk, apart from when I'm forced to.

12. madmartigan

madmartigan Active Member

I tried to change background but it dosent matter how big backgrounds i choose they gets small how can i do this i wanna make my own background whitout repeat.

13. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

You need to read the EXTRA.CSS and edit it, remove background repeat or whatever I have there. I can't remember.

I see Jaxel has pointed out in a review it's too hard to customise, I'm pointing out again I don't use the style editor. easy as it may be, it's not something I'll ever use. This themes comes as is.

[​IMG]

ArnyVee likes this.
  14. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

DOA, you didn't even have to share this with anyone. So, I know that I'm VERY appreciative that you took the time to do so.

Thanks my friend!

D.O.A. likes this.
  15. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Well-Known Member

Does this include the PSD?

16. Xyphien

Xyphien Active Member

I have a slight problem here. When I have a category inside of a category, the forums look like this:
    <snip due to malicious image warning>
    See how the indiana Discussions, messages, and half of the latest content box is cut off.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013
  17. nelioneil

nelioneil Member

Having a problem, installed fine, done the instructions to do a full-width theme. However the navbar does not move to the left hand side, the main nodes and forum are adjusted fine. What do i do now?

18. Will this theme be updated for 1.2.1?

19. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

D.O.A. updated Dark & Red Theme with a new update entry:

Responsive version 1.2 update

Read the rest of this update entry...