Dark Frost [Deleted]

Adam Howard

Adam Howard submitted a new resource:

Dark Frost - Something made on the fly

Dark Frost is a simple style which I made. Very basic.

• No added or removed photos
  • No added or removed code.

Just a few colour changes and the default font is Trebuchet MS
for easy viewing and keeping with web font standards.

License
  • YOU the reader are free to share this everywhere and anywhere.
  • YOU the reader are free to re-use and make your own style.

You're welcome :)

View attachment 46076

Read more about this resource...

hm.. I don't usually give bad reviews. This I really not like. I would probably give it only 1 star. Too much black-white contrast hurts the eyes and the blue seems out of place. It seems unfinished. Your Light Frost style is much better because it's based on a decent light style.

hm.. I don't usually give bad reviews. This I really not like. I would probably give it only 1 star. Too much black-white contrast hurts the eyes and the blue seems out of place. It's seems unfinished. Your Light Frost style is much better because it's based on a decent light style.
Ironic you say that... The dark style came first and the light style come from this.

To each their own.

Personally, I'm not much of a fan of either one. I made them both only to show someone else how easy it was to color XenForo. :p

The more I play with this style, the more I come to hate it myself. (n)

XenForo is just not easy to make a dark style (other than just black, white, gray), because far to many style properties change with each other. I guess if I wanted to go deeper and play with every setting independently or add some extra.css code, I could have made this better.

But to quote @DRE favourite quote .... Ain't nobody got time for that ! :p (Or at least I don't as we get close toward October and I'll be busy until March). And if I did have time, I would want to take a different approach.

So what I'm doing is releasing a "silent" update. Because I don't want to exactly leave anyone technically hanging and because I don't want to make an official update (its not worth it) and I also don't believe in deleting resources..... YES, I know this isn't McDonald s and I can't always have it my way, but I try.

So for the individuals who actually follow this thread here is my final update. (oh noes !)

Screenshot from 2013-09-13 09:55:48.webp

Screenshot from 2013-09-13 09:55:59.webp

Attached is both the original and final for XenForo 1.2.1. All is not lost though. Light Frost was birthed from Dark Frost and it will be continued.

Attachments

Reactions: DRE
This resource has been removed and is no longer available for download.
If you really, really want a copy... Though I can't imagine anyone wanting one.... But just in case... It's here
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/dark-frost-deleted.50182/#post-633923

Reason for deleting: Because I can't stand this style. I mean I hate it so much, that after releasing it I thought to myself, WTF was I smoking. And because I don't want to support it or develop it any further. It just needs to go bye-bye.

Top Bottom