Damnlag | YouTube, Twitch, Mixer Forum

Damnlag

Forum Name: Damnlag
Forum URL: http://www.damnlag.com
Forum Start Date: Feb 2013

I created this forum originally on IPB forum software. It was originally known by the domain youtubegaming.com. However, neither IPB or the youtubegaming domain were something that could keep the community expanding and moving forward.

So early 2015 I switched over to XenForo and changed the domain to Damnlag.com to give it a new feel and new brand. Since then, the site has sky rocketed with new members and activity on the forum has improved. I am very happy with XenForo so far and the transfer from IPB to XenForo was quick and easy.

The theme on the site is a simple design that was designed by PixelExit. The only addons I use are the Media page, Weekly Digest, Sidebar Positions and Shoutbox.

Last edited:
Very nice, quality content. I have this very same style by Russ.. I think the domain was a vast improvement.

Very nice, quality content. I have this very same style by Russ.. I think the domain was a vast improvement.

Its a nice and simple theme, that's what I like about it. Russ was good to work with on it and couldn't have beat that price! Appreciate the feedback ;)

Yeah, Russ definitely has some of the best styles, they just keep getting better and better all the time.

@Damnlag I love your logo, LMAO. It's spot on. So clean, simple... perfect.

Thanks! ;)

well I love your site but you have to motivate your users ... 17k

I am loving the look and feel of your forum. But as Shim suggested, you have 17k registered members, what is keeping them from engaging right now?

Of course, that is one of the things that has been troubling with the community over the years. Many people just come onto the site and promote their YouTube, Twitch, Mixer, etc.. Which is what the site was created for primarily. Over the years I've tried different things to keep people coming back and getting them to chat, however its difficult.

Channel of the Month being one of the things I created to get people to be a little more active in the community. Gets people checking out other peoples channels to make the decision of which 5 channels they should vote for. Its died down here lately as well.

As many are aware, discord servers have taken a good chunk of activity. We have our own discord server as well.

If you have a suggestion or idea that might help me out here, please feel free to share it with me. I'm open to all ideas and feedback on the site. With working full time in construction season I get inactive myself and it affects the community in a big way.

okey monetize it it and award them coins once you have like 10 to 20 user active then your done ... what kills forums is when you start asking people to pay for memberships when you need the same people to make money on ads .

the other think work on your sidebar remove profile post widget and add recent post this helps people to engage in post since they will see what is happening ... make sure your sidebar is well displayed you can try to check my forum though im new

okey monetize it it and award them coins once you have like 10 to 20 user active then your done ... what kills forums is when you start asking people to pay for memberships when you need the same people to make money on ads .

Award them coins?

the other think work on your sidebar remove profile post widget and add recent post this helps people to engage in post since they will see what is happening ... make sure your sidebar is well displayed you can try to check my forum though im new

There's literally a button in the navigation called What's New that shows "what is happening."

Top Bottom