[cXF] Conversation Button under Avatar

[cXF] Conversation Button under Avatar 2.7.4

No permission to download
Oh, the add-on is designed to work only with Font Awesome Switch, otherwise Icon won't show.

Aaahhh... Hmm... Doesn't make much sense :)

OK, so it'll load another FA CSS along with the one I'm loading in my style or do you have some specific FA icons you check not included in standard FA?

Awesome! Nice add-on... it looks like I have a user that set his settings to private yet a contact button still displays? Is that right?

I really badly wanted to install and use this, went through all the hoops, validated at your website, downloaded all the additional xml files needed ,etc. I thought it was working beautifully until I looked at the widgets (widget framework) in the sidebar.

There is a bug (or conflict) that is causing my Widget Framework sidebars to have text and icons totally messed up (text overwriting itself, counters that are supposed to overlay on mini avatars going way off onto other objects, etc). This makes at least 2 important widgets unreadable and unusable.

These are the other things I have running that are relevant

Widget Framework with a couple of my relevant Widgets that get messed up.
Thread View Widget (most viewed) with "sidebar with snippet from post" turned on
Max Posters Today [lite] 2.2 (which works fine normally),
a few other widgets that seem to be ok
Note: I do NOT use the staff widget
I use several other of the built-in widgets (can list if you like), but I don't think those are problems.
I also use Flat Awesome.

So just in case I installed all your xml files that are relevant for my site, including the fixes you posted: [cXF] Font Awesome Switch 4.5.0, Conversation Button under Avatar (FIX: Flat Awesome) 1.0.0, and Conversation Button under Avatar (WF block) 1.0.0.

I've tried disabling each of your add-ons one by one, but the widgets were still really messed up. I tried turning off every feature of "Conversation Button under Avatar" properties but still the problem. I basically had everything turned off possible without disabling the add-on completely, and it would still mess up the widgets. ONLY when I disable your add-on completely do the widgets go back to normal. The funny thing is your add-on shouldn't even be doing anything on the forum_list and forum_view pages, but it obviously is. I know this is asking a lot, but I REALLY want to use this add-on. Any advice or possible solution? I can post screenshots if that helps.

EDIT/UPDATE: I actually was able to get this to work beautifully by removing the code for the staff widget in the xml and reuploading. Apparently it's modifying things even when the staff widget isn't used. Since I don't use that widget it was a no brainer. yay!

Last edited:
@BassMan I can't get the icon to show any longer even after installing your font awesome addon, which I'm not sure what that even accomplishes. It doesn't show on Flat Awesome + or the default them. The button under the avatar shows on default but not under the FA+ theme any longer. All templates show green. Any suggestions welcome.

Top Bottom