[cXF] Conversation Button under Avatar

[cXF] Conversation Button under Avatar 2.7.4

No permission to download
I can see you're using some add-on that customize member card. Can't help much further as I don't know what is customized. Disable that add-on and check it again if it works.

I can see you're using some add-on that customize member card. Can't help much further as I don't know what is customized. Disable that add-on and check it again if it works.
I don't think I am, as it works under both my main theme and the default. Maybe it's the theme itself?

I was just sending a member a fairly long conversation, and when I went to send it, I received the error: Please enter a valid title.

I forgot to add a title to it- ok no big deal. But when I "X" out of the error popup to go back and add a title, the conversation I was trying to send disappeared. I'm sure this probably won't be the last time I am sending a conversation and forget to add a title; and I am pretty sure others may forget to add one too when they are sending one.

When I go into my inbox and press the "start a new conversation" link; it will save the conversation when I forget to add a title. However, when I click on a member's name and try to send a conversation pressing the start a new conversation tab on their profile card; or by pressing the contact tab in their profile, the conversation disappears and I get redirected to the index page instead if I forget to add a title.

Hi tylerbr,

what you are describing is true. If you are using an overlay feature than this happens. Can't do anything about it, because when an error pops up in an overlay to remind you on title, the message overlay needs to be closed.

Like said in FAQ, the overlay function for this add-on has some limitations.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I didn't fully grasp the overlay part in the FAQ at first. Could there be a way to maybe have like a default conversation title already in the subject line? So if someone is starting a conversation, the title would already be filled out to say something like "No Subject." That way a member could either clear that title and add in their own subject; or if they forget to add something, the conversation would still go out- but with that no subject title?

@BassMan That is awesome. Thank you.

Edit- So I just uninstalled the older version, and then installed 2.1.0 and it's the same thing without default title. I'm still pretty new to xen software; so is there something else I need to do?

Last edited:
Is it possible to disable this add-on for specific user groups without disabling the personal conversations for the same user groups?

Top Bottom