1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Customizing Notable Members Page

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by mtzgr, Sep 28, 2013.

1. mtzgr

mtzgr Member

How can I have the Members page default to Most Points? Also, is there a way to show a users points on their forum posts?

2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

User points on the forum posts can be controlled via ACP -> Style Properties -> Message Elements and make sure Trophy Points is selected.
    The other will probably require a template edit to re-arrange which go where, but I'm not sure which template.

mtzgr likes this.
  3. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You'll need to edit the navigation template to edit the link to include the link to the most points tab.

mtzgr and Tracy Perry like this.
  4. mtzgr

mtzgr Member

Thanks guys.

5. mtzgr

mtzgr Member

Follow up question. Which template would I have to edit to change "Trophy Points" to something else?

6. Tracy Perry

You mean the phrase Trophy Points?
    If so, simply changing the phrase Trophy Points to whatever you want should work.

7. mtzgr

mtzgr Member

But where would I do this?

8. Tracy Perry

ACP -> Appearance -> Search Phrase and search for Trophy Points. You should see a phrase by that name and just change the text in the Phrase field to what you want.

9. mtzgr

mtzgr Member

This is what I pull out of the navigation template:

I don't see where I would edit it to point to: /members/?type=points.

10. Tracy Perry

@Jake Bunce may be able to help out. Also, for future reference whenever you are going to post some code - instead of putting it in a quote BBcode, use the code button on the editor or use code instead of quote in the BBCode. Makes it easier to read (as some of your code translates into smilies).

11. mtzgr

mtzgr Member

Thanks for the tip and the help.

12. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

{$tabs.members.href} represents the link in the template. Replace that with your own link.

Tracy Perry and mtzgr like this.