Customizing Emails

Forsaken

Currently it is extremely difficult to customize the emails as you have to do each one by hand, and there is no way to view your work without sending emails to yourself for each revision.

It would be great if there were a way to preview the email templates, as well as make use of the palette system to minimize the time it takes.

Upvote 12
Editing the design layout and content of the notification emails and other auto emails is a nightmare. A mix of all different Phrases and templates.
I did all mine and it took DAYS - then when I upgraded it all got lost.

Can we PLEASE have an editor interface for designing these emails - WITHOUT debug mode being necessary.

One of the big changes I want for example is short concise subject lines, and the first line of the content being CONTENT not blah blah board title long phrase re someone has answered a post you are following. This is important for email systems that do preview snippets, and first impact of the email anyway.
Then LOTS of us need it to be MUCH more obvious that this isn't an ordinary email so do not use Reply. (do not reply return address is effective but mega unfriendly as an alternative)

I wonder if this functionality is going to be implemented internally in XF in the near future or we should take the custom coding route. Email templates are really hard to customize and no add-on currently exists which can help with this.
Does XF have any official comment about this functionality?

Top Bottom