Customised Usergroups

Lone Wolf

I'm looking to create a ladder type sytem for my usergroups based on Trophy points accumulated.

Each usergroup would also have their own default avatar, their own userinfo/avatar background colours and their own username colours. permissions would be specific too but I know how to do that.

Below is an example (these are just to demonstrate the evolution of a user through the usergroups, i wont be using these ones).

0 Pts - Basic. yellow userinfo area, default avatar of a baby. no special permissions. no signature or homepage

20 Pts - Newcomer. orange userinfo area, default avatar of a toddler. can send PMs. can have signature and homepage

50 Pts - Regular. blue userinfo area. default avatar of a teenager. can send PMs, use custom title,

200 Pts - Respected. green userinfo area, default avatar of a young adult. PMS, Custom title, access more forums,

500 Points - Expert. grey/black userinfo area, default avatar of middle-aged/pension age, PMs, custom title, access more forum including some specific staff/consultation forums for loyal members.

I'd also like the points to be made of a combination of things. eg 50 posts + 20 Likes + 10 threads started = 20 Points.

So is there an easy way to do this stuff? All help greatly appreciated.

Some of the CSS changes are possible, but when combined with the rest of the features you mentioned, it becomes a much more complex change.

Some of the CSS changes are possible, but when combined with the rest of the features you mentioned, it becomes a much more complex change.

Which bits do you think wouldnt be template editable?

I think the PMs and custom title is just a permissions thing. I thought XF had permissions for that.

With the default avatar Im not so sure but in theory wouldnt it be possible to use the existing default avatar command and just qualify it via a usergroup entry?

I think the accumulated points thing and the signature/homepage permissions may be the only things that could require an add-on.

But then Im not an expert, what do you think about the above Brogan?

Without looking into it in detail, I'm not sure that you can have a custom avatar per user group easily, ditto for users being able to set a home page.
There is also no trophy criteria for threads started, only posts, which includes replies.
The permissions and custom title are basic user group settings.
The styling based on user group should also be possible.

Top Bottom