XF 2.2 Custom weighted search results

mjda

In case it matters, I do have XFES.

I have an add-on where I have searchable content. Everything is working fine except I'd like that content to always show up at the top, or at least near the top, of search results.

For example, if someone searched for "2001 ford mustang", I'd like my custom add-on content (assuming it exists) to show in the search results above any threads/posts that match the same.

Is this possible?

I'm still trying to find a solution for this and I can't even find where the recency weighted sorting takes place. Can someone point me to the code where this happens, please?

So I gave up looking for a solution to this a few months ago, but I'm back at it again today. Several hours digging through code and I'm probably more lost now than I've ever been. I'm guessing this isn't something that's possible?

It depends on how you want todo content weighting. Is it explicit individual pieces or by individual categories?

My (free) Search Improvements add-on has some basic content weighting (by type), while my (padi) ElasticSearch Essentials add-on supports weighting by replies/views/reaction score.

Thank you, @Xon! I'm wanting to have a specific content type appear at, or near, the top of the results whenever possible. I'll look into the Search Improvements add-on.

Top Bottom