Custom Username Icons - ThemesCorp.com [Paid] [Deleted]

The black username issue for new members has still not been fixed...

Update coming soon?

When you report a bug for any add-on you don't get it immediatly (same goes with xF) so please be patient.

I have started working on an update yesterday evening.

clément

Allan updated Custom Username Icons - ThemesCorp.com with a new update entry:

Bugs fixed + new feature - 1.4.0

Corrected bugs:
- Username color not displayed in some locations when usergroup has a custom css
- Username color not displayed when user has not set any icon
- Color not displayed in forum last post username
- Color not displayed in thread last post username
- When someone is taken out of a usergroup that allowed them to use the feature. It still displays the icon and user colour and title.
- New users get a default black user title color and though then don't have permission to edit user...

Read the rest of this update entry...

You didn't fix the bug, you made it worse with the latest relese @Allan @MtoR :(

Now the username is also black!

I have zero users and usergroups set up with custom color/icon (via your add-on) so this is still a bug. I wanted to wait setting up this add-on after you have fixed the bug but it seems you made it worse indeed.

Below shot is from a custom theme but I also tried with the default XF theme.

This bug is only for members who have signed up AFTER I installed this add-on in the first place.

I'm going to uninstall it now which fixes the problem. Please let me know once you've fixed the bug once and for all. I would suggest testing your releases beforehand :) Otherwise this is a great add-on!

Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at 02.16.39.webp

You didn't fix the bug, you made it worse with the latest relese @Allan @MtoR :(

Now the username is also black!

I have zero users and usergroups set up with custom color/icon (via your add-on) so this is still a bug. I wanted to wait setting up this add-on after you have fixed the bug but it seems you made it worse indeed.

Below shot is from a custom theme but I also tried with the default XF theme.

This bug is only for members who have signed up AFTER I installed this add-on in the first place.

I'm going to uninstall it now which fixes the problem. Please let me know once you've fixed the bug once and for all. I would suggest testing your releases beforehand :) Otherwise this is a great add-on!

View attachment 117629

I wasn't able to reproduce the bug when developping the update.

I will try to see what happens in case of registering.

Clément

No I confirm, I am not able to reproduce this.

Please can you install it again and give me a test account ?

Clément

@Allan just purchased great addon. Could you consider adding a glow option to usernames & titles that would really just complete this addon for me :)

What do you mean ?

I can't find an example. But I've had Addons like vbshop where you could pick your color and also have a option to make that color glow.

You know what I mean?

Edit like this. Think that has bold option too.

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Heya,

Great add-on! Just wanted to ask if at all possible could you make it so we could add things like fa-spin to the end? Currently I have to add it via the SQL db in order for it to work. Also if at all possible make it so we can add other font icon packs?

Even if you can't, still well worth $10! Thanks for creating it.

In regards to the glow, it's possible via CSS @madness85 :)

Great add-on! Just wanted to ask if at all possible could you make it so we could add things like fa-spin to the end? Currently I have to add it via the SQL db in order for it to work. Also if at all possible make it so we can add other font icon packs?

That's feasible.
Regardings the other font icon packs, I guess yes too, I did it in my other add-on Nodes icon tweak providing capability to add icons coming from fontello.

In regards to the glow, it's possible via CSS @madness85 :)

Will be doing it that way ;) To simplify user handling.

Top Bottom