Fixed Custom user field with field id 0

PhillipJFry

I created a custom user field and put 0 in the field id, now I can't edit or delete the field. If I click the field in the admin panel it takes me to Create new field, if I try to delete it, it gives error. "The requested field could not be found."

How may I delete the custom field? Is this a bug?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
That's a bug so I have moved the thread (0 should likely be prevented from being used).

I suspect it may be necessary to manually edit the ID in the database.

PhillipJFry

That's a bug so I have moved the thread (0 should likely be prevented from being used).

I suspect it may be necessary to manually edit the ID in the database.
Thank you, could you provide me instructions on how to do that without breaking things?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
It's going to be in the xf_user_field table - there will be a field_id column and one of the entries will have a value of 0.

Feel free to submit a ticket with ACP and phpMyAdmin and we can resolve it for you.

PhillipJFry

It's going to be in the xf_user_field table - there will be a field_id column and one of the entries will have a value of 0.

Feel free to submit a ticket with ACP and phpMyAdmin and we can resolve it for you.
I don't have phpMyAdmin but I resolved it myself and I think I didn't break anything.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
The easiest option here is to block creation of a field with an ID of 0 (or anything "falsy"), so I've done that now.