As designed Custom thread fields

Alexander.

Affected version
When you create a custom thread field on XenForo, and select before message, it doesn’t go before the message. There is a workaround that involves editing a style template, however, it should be automated.

Are you referring to where the filled in value is rendered when viewing the post? Or are you referring to where the field appears when you're creating/editing the post?

Yes...

But are you referring to where the field appears when you're viewing the post, or where the field appears when you're editing the post?

Yes...

But are you referring to where the field appears when you're viewing the post, or where the field appears when you're editing the post?
Viewing the post, and editing. If you create a custom thread field, and select before field , it’ll go after message instead for some reason

In terms of editing/creating the post - we keep all of the fields in one location. The display location pertains only to viewing the post so that's intentional.

I have just updated our "Affected version" custom field here to be "before message" and that is where it appears:

1642019503356.webp

In terms of editing/creating the post - we keep all of the fields in one location. The display location pertains only to viewing the post so that's intentional.

I have just updated our "Affected version" custom field here to be "before message" and that is where it appears:

View attachment 263282
I had to manually edit the macros thread template to have it before message. I think it might be related if you have a custom theme.

CD1C4D79-7A4C-438D-A708-E581E1B5A9A1.webp

As I just said in my last post, that's intentional because the "Display" location pertains to where the field is displayed when viewing, and nothing to do with editing.

Where does it appear when you're viewing the post?

As I just said in my last post, that's intentional because the "Display" location pertains to where the field is displayed when viewing, and nothing to do with editing.

Where does it appear when you're viewing the post?
The issue itself occurs on thread creation (not in the actual topic). So when a member creates a topic, and you’ve set up custom fields it’ll display after instead of before unless you modify the template
now I’m not sure whether this is only the case for custom styles or styles other than default.
Here’s the screenshot requested
755C630A-E8E9-4B85-9F47-C36193E5B024.webp

Ok. All is working as we expect then. The display location pertains to where it appears in the thread. You'll need to continue to edit the template to have it in a different position, but this isn't a bug and we aren't planning any changes here.

Ok. All is working as we expect then. The display location pertains to where it appears in the thread. You'll need to continue to edit the template to have it in a different position, but this isn't a bug and we aren't planning any changes here.
Okay thanks for the clarification

Top Bottom