Lack of interest Custom thread fields not using link proxy

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

ge66

I have a custom thread field where I paste links to news on other sites. I thought these links would show up in Link proxy log when clicked, but they do not.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think we'd have to consider this as more of a feature request, at this point. There's no system in place for generating proxy images/links on a ad-hoc basis.

There's a pretty decent workaround though, especially if the field is only available for trusted staff/members to use correctly.

You can switch to using "Rich text box" and then generate the link using the rich text editor. Behind the scenes it stores the link as BB code and this will automatically be proxied if enabled. In terms of appearance, it doesn't look any different:

1531414529653.webp

But it has all of the appropriate behaviours automatically like proxying, opening in new windows, etc.

Top Bottom