1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom theme questions

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Rho Delta, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

Basically I LOVE a lot of the custom work done on OrangePower. I was wondering how hard it would be to do the following as highlighted in the screenshot:
    1. Custom widths
    2. Custom header
    3. Custom background image
    4. Custom color schemes
    5. Ads/widgets
    6. Featured posts/slider
    7. Cool social media stuff on the front page

How much of this could I do just from the ACP and how much would need to be written as a custom theme? I am willing to hire someone but anything easy I would like to do myself to save money ;) Thanks ahead of time for your input.

[​IMG]

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

1-5 very easily from the ACP.

The rest is achieved using the XenPorta add-on, which is what that site is using.

3. Rho Delta

so 1-5 can all be done with the default theme? I think I am gonna bite and buy the software if so.

4. Rho Delta

Also, my partner and I have our own individual adsense accounts, is there an ad rotator that could show his code 50% of the time and my code the other 50% of the time?

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

6. Rho Delta

awesome thanks for the help. Another feature I loved about Orangepower is different boards on the site had different custom headers... how did they do this?

7. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

Orange Power is a stunning XenForo site, one of the best I have seen. I hadn't noticed the different headers before, but you're right, and it's a neat idea.

8. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Likely taking advantage of the option to specify a style per forum (when viewing a forum properties you can specify a unique style to use when viewing that forum). It is a bit more labor intensive having multiple styles but can have some dramatic affects.

9. Rho Delta

Got the widths to work how I like, but it is left justified... how do I make the forum center?

10. Rho Delta

Also, how do I add a background pattern now that I can see the background?

11. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

That happened to me, just remove the _ if there is any before width/marign, i.e _width: 992px;

The Pet Board likes this.
  12. Rho Delta

Thanks!

CapnLuffy likes this.