Custom Templates

Drae

Some more questions for you!

Today I'm asking about custom templates. If I wanted to have a custom template (two actually) at the bottom of the site, how would I code it in? I code the template in CSS then...? How do I add it to the layout?

The template system allows you to edit existing templates and add new ones, and even inline new templates that you create. You can edit the HTML and CSS templates to customize the style in any way you want.

If you are working with the demo then you can see code examples in this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> PAGE_CONTAINER

This template contains the HTML skeleton that is used on all front end pages. You can see it includes other templates.

Awsome. Just tried it, worked beautifully. Thank you for your help!

How would I change the background colour of a custom template on the skin? For example, my current demo, has affiliates at the bottom, but I would like to specify a background colour (maybe even an image) for that area. Putting CSS styling in the template didn't work, so where would I go/what would I do next?

Your custom template would contain the HTML. You can use inline styling in the HTML:

Code:
<div style="background: red;">

</div>

Or you can reference a class:

Code:
<div class="myclass">

</div>

Then define the class in this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> EXTRA.css

Code:
.myclass
{