1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Custom Tabs?

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Siropu, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

I need an Add-on that allows you to create custom tabs with links to any page, including external pages. Does such an add-on exists? If not, I want to make one myself so please let me know.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  2. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, I only want to know if such an add-on exists. I couldn't find one but my search might not be good enough that's why I'm asking. So if there isn't one, please let me know because I want to make one myself.

3. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

I know one, but is not here in the RM (******* addon)
    in fact I need some addon like that. depends of the price I'll willing to purchase it. (without copyrights)

4. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Coop1979 likes this.
  5. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

@EQnoble, where is says "external links" it also says "(link forums)" at the end so if I can't just paste an external link so I can use it how I want it, it's not good enough for me.

6. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

Are you sure nodes as tabs can do that?

7. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

A link node is one of the 4 included node types and allows you to link to anything, nodes as tabs allows you to create tabs and menus from nodes, so yes it works.

IPF likes this.
  8. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

On top of what @EQnoble said.

Using a link node(link forum) you can hide it from being displayed on the forum list. That add-on will do what you need and then some. Set the URL when creating the link node and uncheck Display in the node list.

rafass likes this.
  9. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

The thing is I don't want to create a link node to do that. I just want an Add-on that allows you to add the links you want without touching anything else.
    So I guess is time to get to work... :)

IPF likes this.
  10. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

IPF and Luis like this.
  11. IPF

IPF Active Member

Thanks. (y) I never knew that the addon adds a tab even when the node is hidden.

12. mikie

mikie New Member

Question: I just uploaded Custom Tabs and it is awesome up to the point of adding a Custom Tab :LOL:...

No matter what link I add... it still has www.imtbtrails.com/forum in front of it. How do I get rid of /forum? and replace it with the rest of my imtbtrails pages? ie: /singletrack, /reviewpost/index.php, /sponsor.html, and /aboutus.html

This is going to be awesome once I figure this out. So simple!
    Thanks for this so much if it works!

13. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

mikie likes this.
  14. mikie

mikie New Member

15. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

The full URL must start with http://

http://www.

mikie likes this.