Custom-Slogan

Precision

I needed some help. I wanted to have a custom-slogan (before it came with the style). I don't know the code to add, to put it up there. I could do things, for instance, today I could wish people Happy Valentines Day.

Attachments

• Slogan.webp
    Slogan.webp
    123.3 KB · Views: 44
EQnoble, just wanted you to know you're helping more than one here....

thanks... ;)

Thanks :) ....ask away if you have anything specific that you want to know.

But just to let you know...y'all aren't the only ones getting help, nor y'all be the only ones benefiting from this...this probably helps me more than you tbh ;-) My memory is more shot than a rent-a-gun at a firing range. :D

yeah the 2nd ones good EQ :p
Ok so let's see if this looks ok on your site...

Copy what you have currently and paste it into a .txt file or whatever...just preserve the characters and placement so you can revert manually if you break something by pasting what you have saved over any erroneous trial and errorish things that may happen when you try tweaking things. This will save you time in the long run.

This is what I have in ad_header
HTML:
<div class="customSloganBox" style="float:right; margin-right:0px; margin-top:60px; border-radius:5px;">
<div class="hearts">
    <div class="greyHeyHey">
                <p>
                    This is your slogan, this is what you edit
                </p>
    </div>
</div>
</div>
This is what I put in EXTRA.css - edit the path to your hearts.png
Code:
div.hearts
  {
  background-image:url('YOUR/PATH/TO/hearts.png');
  border-radius:5px;
  overflow:hidden;
  opacity:0.6;
  filter:alpha(opacity=60);
  }

div.greyHeyHey
  {
  background-color:#D9D7D7;
  border:1px solid black;
  opacity:0.8;
  filter:alpha(opacity=80);
  }

div.greyHeyHey p
  {
  font-weight:bold;
  color:#ff0004;
  padding:20px;
  font-size:20px;
  opacity:none;
  background-image:url('styles/aurora/xenforo/grey_trans_bg.gif');
  }

Lets see how it displays in that theme...I am just as curious as you since I am working off the default style :) I am refreshing on your site so I will see it when done...so just get back here with your preferences or adjustments needed

Going to add now, I'll edit this thread to let you know how it is. I'm going to tweek it a bit, but its perfect so far, i owe u my life :).

[EDIT] - Seems great to me, after Valentines Day is over, I will just change the background to transparent without image. However, the text seems faded to me, is that transparent as well?

Since valentines day is pretty much over (30 min), I think I'll just keep it how I have it now. I can tweek the colors on my own now, as I know how to do it, thanks to you :). Thanks SOOOO much. Anything I could do in return, let me know :). You helped me, and i'm sure plenty others. Thanks so much.

Top Bottom