custom rewrite rules

After this:

Code:
RewriteEngine On

Add this:

Code:
RewriteRule ^en/ustream$ /stream [R=301,L]

There are several assumptions here. I assume that /en/ustream is not an existing directory on the server. And I assume the .htaccess file is in the web root. And I assume your intention is to redirect one URL to the other (ie the old page no longer exists, so all requests are redirected to the new page).

There are several assumptions here. I assume that /en/ustream is not an existing directory on the server. And I assume the .htaccess file is in the web root. And I assume your intention is to redirect one URL to the other (ie the old page no longer exists, so all requests are redirected to the new page).

quite the contrary... en/stream does exist as a page ... and the new page does not exist. I am just trying to manipulate the URL required to access the page.

quite the contrary... en/stream does exist as a page ... and the new page does not exist. I am just trying to manipulate the URL required to access the page.

Is it a XenForo page? You cannot change the structure of XenForo URLs like that with just rewrite rules. Most web applications are the same way, where the application itself must be made to recognize the new URL such as with an addon, not just using rewrite rules.

Top Bottom