1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Custom Profile Field Moderation

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by a legacy reborn, Nov 29, 2011.

1. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

I was just trying out some things and realized that if there was a way to moderate a field so that you can verify it is true and take it to create a group promotion that will give access to a forum. It needs to be able to be moderated so that people can't view special forums by "abusing the system". Thanks for listening :).

2. a legacy reborn

Bump. Anyone there?

3. Fuhrmann

Fuhrmann Well-Known Member

Have you tried to use the callback for custom user fields and verify the value of the field? Something like this would work for you?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Please do not bump suggestion threads.

If others are interested in the suggestion they will respond accordingly.

a legacy reborn likes this.
  5. a legacy reborn

It is going to be something that is only verifyable by humans as far as I know unless someone has written code to do some background and validity check that will work for xbox live lul.
    Sorry, I am just a little impatient right now as this feature would make everything 1000x easier for me.

6. Fuhrmann

Fuhrmann Well-Known Member

7. a legacy reborn

It is more in depth than that. It would be checking a motto and bio then verifying that the information presented there is true.