Style Custom Postbit

xIsabel38

I designed concept art for a custom postbit for my forum theme and I need someone to make it come to life!

Now, I don't need you to create a full style as that is already done. Currently my style is in Alpha stages which is just fancy talk for it still needs a crap load of work. One of those crap loads of work is the postbit. Argh, it's completely disgusting as it stands now and it just annoys me to no end to have to look at that while testing the style out. This is where you come in!

You'll take my concept art of a postbit and make it happen to the best of your ability and of course, this is a paid service. So, think you can help?

I have a question....

If a user does not enter the www/facebook/youtube/twitter areas (not sure if you are "forcing these custom user fields), do you want the signature area to be the normal look (all the way across the bottom), or are you still wanting it in the smaller block area as your design?

I believe having the signature field contained in the smaller block is ideal for uniformity.

At the moment, this image depicts the one used for testing and is a pretty good size at 460x195px not including the borders around it.
106na09.png

So the issue was corrected, alright. I was just going to take a look at it to fix the error from the other thread.

Yeah the only issue I am having now is when a signature is entered but it is too small.

For example here's a large signature:
kd4byw.png

And this is a small one:
123s7lu.png

What's weird is no issue is noted if the signature is non-existent. Also, the small one only has an issue on alternating displays ie... the user info is on the right with the message content being displayed on the left. I'm working to try to fix this problem. Speaking of the other thread, you just reminded me I needed to ask Matthew something.

I've hired a couple of developers to perform this work and while it gets closer and closer to being completed, no one has managed to fully complete it at 100% accuracy so I am looking to find someone that can actually complete this, finally.

The job is two parts. First is the actual user information block.

This is what I have so far:
.19.webp

Fixing the alignment
If you look closely not everything is centered and aligned correctly. There's more space to the right side than there is to the left. Everything should be perfectly center.

Fixing the ratings
The thumbs up and thumbs down ratings come from the Add-on Post Ratings. That add-on needs to be tweaked in order to display in the correct locations of the user info block pictured above. Right now it says, 1/0 but these are incorrect values. Additionally, the green font color needs to be darker so it isn't such an eye sore. (Small update- this color green works well: #0B3B0B)

Overall Look
Finally, the overall look should be changed. It needs some sort of flair. I'm not a fan of just basic black borders. I'm hoping someone with some artistic style can figure something out for this.

The second part of this job is the actual message area.
This is what I have so far:
.20.webp

Fixing the Icons
There are currently 4 Social Icons, two on either side of the user's signature. They are supposed to be linked correctly to the user's contact information. For example: .21.webp

You can see that YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter are all filled out. And so the corresponding social icons pictured above should be linked to these fields so that, when clicked, they open a new page to the correct fb/twitter/or youtube page. Right now, they either refresh back to the forum homepage or go directly to facebook or twitter.com without linking to the specific page the user input. Additionally, the 3w icon should link to the homepage that the user inputs in their personal details. This currently does not work either.

Right now, for now, this is all that is left of the job. Other bugs may come up as they always do but this is what I want fixed. I'm looking for someone with attention to detail and dedication for this. Of course it's paid so please let me know if you think you can do this.

Last edited:
Lots of thanks go to @mcatze. His work on my postbit fixed a couple of issues.
Now all I need is to find someone to tweak the post ratings add-on so it displays correctly and perhaps style up the appearance a bit. Any takers?

Honestly right now, I don't know. I'm thinking gradients would make it look more eye catching than what it currently is but I don't actually have a detailed example of how I want it to appear. I guess I was just hoping that someone had some magical answer.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter. I can settle for as it stands now as the priority level of making it look better is low right now. Fixing the actual post ratings is a much higher priority. Would you be willing to give that a shot?

The board is all yours. The only thing is if you do make changes to the ratings templates, I would need to know what changes were made because when I go live, I'll need to implement the updates to it again.

@mcatze, thank you very much for the attempt. Despite not being able to correct the post ratings, you have been able to help me understand why everyone had such difficulty and that is more valuable to me. Up until now everyone was okay to try but never could explain why they couldn't do it. You were the first to explain the issue and make me realize it was a highly unlikely task to begin with. As we discussed, I have re-done the design of the postbit. Removing the Post Ratings Add-on entirely, this is the new format I have come up with:

dcakoi.png

This takes the basic XenForo likes system and the basic XenForo message count system and places them into two blocks. I would still prefer the likes to be a font color of #0B3B0B.

Do you believe you can do this?

Last edited:
Top Bottom