Custom Navigation Tabs Plugin

iguanairs

I know I can modify the navigation tabs to add custom tabs but I was wondering if there was a plugin method for doing this so i don't lose my tweaks when I upgrade. I am currently using "Nodes As Tabs" but have run into a situation where I want the page title to say one thing, with the tab saying another thing. Right now the tab snatches the page title and results in a tab that is too long.

I ran some searches for this and found a very brief description of how this can be done, but I am relatively new to Xenforo and haven't picked up how things are coded here just yet. (10+ years with vbulletin will do that to a newb.)

I am looking for a simple plugin that will allow me to add one or more tabs as needed. I can then just not show the node as a tab but have the new tab link to that node. This will allow me to have the title I wish while still maintaining a shortened text in the navigation bar. Does this exist or could someone show me what is needed to make this plugin? I am not against coding it up. i simply haven't figured out/wrapped my head around the plugin system, event listeners, etc. yet. Thanks for any help you can provide.

I know I can modify the navigation tabs to add custom tabs but I was wondering if there was a plugin method for doing this so i don't lose my tweaks when I upgrade. I am currently using "Nodes As Tabs" but have run into a situation where I want the page title to say one thing, with the tab saying another thing. Right now the tab snatches the page title and results in a tab that is too long.

I ran some searches for this and found a very brief description of how this can be done, but I am relatively new to Xenforo and haven't picked up how things are coded here just yet. (10+ years with vbulletin will do that to a newb.)

I am looking for a simple plugin that will allow me to add one or more tabs as needed. I can then just not show the node as a tab but have the new tab link to that node. This will allow me to have the title I wish while still maintaining a shortened text in the navigation bar. Does this exist or could someone show me what is needed to make this plugin? I am not against coding it up. i simply haven't figured out/wrapped my head around the plugin system, event listeners, etc. yet. Thanks for any help you can provide.
If the only thing you want to do is have the tab have a different name than the page title you should be able to just fill in the (optional) option for it in nodes as tabs when editing that node from the 'display node tree' section of the ACP.
fgdsgdf.webp

Unless I am misunderstanding what you are asking for?

I was just returning here to delete this thread as I just found that option. lol I appreciate you taking the time to point it out. I can't believe I overlooked that, seeing as I have made several tabs already on my page. (slaps forehead) I am going to claim I am overworked. ;) Thanks again. SMH (slaps forehead again)

Last edited:
I was just returning here to delete this thread as i just found that option. lol I appreciate you taking the time to point it out. I can't believe i overlooked that, seeing as I have made several tabs already on my page. I am going to claim i am overworked. ;) Thanks again. SMH
Lols, 'sall good :-)

Top Bottom