XF 1.4 Custom Footers And XenForo Copyright

Lone Wolf

There'll be a custom footer when I update my site and I want it to be the end of the page. How can I move the XF copyright notice to within my new custom footer instead of under it which defeats the purpose of the custom footer.

The problem is that some AddOn Developers are hooking into the template and don`t use the standard - ******* is doing so (not center, on the bottom).

My dream would be to get all the Copyright informations in 1 line - separated by " | ".
But also Waindingo uses his own way to display the Copyright information.

Maybe someone can help o_O

Erich

Add-on developers are free to choose where and how to display their copyright notices.

You will need to contact each one to determine whether you can change it and how.

The problem is that some AddOn Developers are hooking into the template and don`t use the standard - ******* is doing so (not center, on the bottom).

My dream would be to get all the Copyright informations in 1 line - separated by " | ".
But also Waindingo uses his own way to display the Copyright information.

Maybe someone can help o_O

Erich
There are a number of options for displaying Waindigo copyright in the Install and Upgrade by Waindigo add-on and I'd be happy to add more options.

I never want to disable a Copyright Information - you developers should get the credits for the work ;) (doesn`t matter if paid or free)
Just wanna bring all the Copyrights into 1 single line, and I guess (hope) nobody can be against the Position you place the Copyrights.

My Problem is that the Copyrights are not all in "footerLegal" - they are hooked in a Magic way :rolleyes:
Maybe to make it hard for someone who wants to remove them - I don`t have another idea, why else the Copyright Information should not go to "footer" template - <div class="footerLegal"> :confused:

Erich

P.S. I have seen other discussion on older Xenforo Versions about the Copyrights - it was much worse.
But still there should be a Standard for al the Plugin developers.

@eriche There is a standard location as of at least 1.4 but it is not forced. That and it would require a couple of years worth of addons to be updated if the developers so chose.

You can ask permission from the developers to move it. Jaxel for example gave permission for XenPorta 1 to move it in line with other addon's.

Top Bottom