RM 1.1 Custom Fields

Heatsink

Ok at this point deeply concerned................

Sorry if I have posted this in wrong place but seems to be the place most mentioned..........

I have RM and Custom fields from what I have read am I now correct in saying their is no current method of importing files and Images to RM with custom fields ???????

I ask as just getting ready to import from drupal manually via xml format so have all the RM fields ready and now cant create an image or a file field to import ???? About to throw my rattle out of pram and not use Xenforo :(

Please tell me I have been a noob and missed a post on here :(

Last edited:
Ok at this point deeply concerned................

Sorry if I have posted this in wrong place but seems to be the place most mentioned..........

I have RM and Custom fields from what I have read am I now correct in saying their is no current method of importing files and Images to RM with custom fields ???????

I ask as just getting ready to import from drupal manually via xml format so have all the RM fields ready and now cant create an image or a file field to import ???? About to throw my rattle out of pram and not use Xenforo :(

Please tell me I have been a noob and missed a post on here :(
No, currently there is no image/file upload field using custom fields. Having used Drupal before myself, I'm also surprised that a file upload field isn't available in XF by default or a third party plugin. It's pretty standard in other scripts (Drupal, Joomla, Social Engine, etc). Hope someone tackles this one soon, as I have a few things planned that will require this type of field.

It isn't possible currently - not sure I've seen it suggested either.

Have you purchased XenForo and the Resource Manager already? If so, didn't you test this in the Demo first? Or are you still using the demo?

Another member on my site has funded this project but yeh he purchased both :(
I wanted to go from drupal 6 to Drupal 7 but he had researched this and said RM would suit our needs........................

I have this to import to it and this is just one of the resources http://109.70.148.92/AAAAMOHAA/content/aaaa-mohaa-map-database-mohaa-maps-mohsh-maps-mohbt-maps
Over 2000 records with images and files I have another three resources like this :(

I have downloads up and running on Xenforo http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/ and that handles the file side fine but we have manually posted those as was not to many so that was all working ok so wanted to move on to the bigger stuff now looking all utter waster of time :(

I have worked out how to import all the fileds from export to import on Drupal - Xenforo and now find this out OMG this sucks GUTTED :(

Just starting to like Xenforo and been a learning curve but this is really bad..............

It isn't possible currently - not sure I've seen it suggested either.

Have you purchased XenForo and the Resource Manager already? If so, didn't you test this in the Demo first? Or are you still using the demo?
Just suggested it. I had suggested it to Waindigo for his custom fields plugin, but didn't suggest it as a core XF option. It probably should be a plugin but I'm sure developers are afraid to put in the effort for something like that if it might become a core option. I know of a couple plugins where File Upload would be very useful - like Showcase.

Sorry but this is a shocker :(

Moving from Drupal I kind of expected this to be a basic feature so knew we had to put the work in to migrate from an unsupported platform import on xenforo but we kind of worked out how to do it all manually and it wasnt looking to hard to then find this out and TBH now beyond my skill set :(

I kind of screwed TBH and will sleep on this but ready to pull the plug and upgrade to Drupal 7 and wasted a month of work on the new site :( gutted

Ok where am I supposed to post as my other threads been deleted - I am not going to slag off Xenforo but I need to work out my choices.....................

We just purchased something that with regrets cant support files and images on import.......................

If I can see a work a round say using downloads but guessing we cant do what we need to on their either to produce this -:
http://109.70.148.92/AAAAMOHAA/content/aaaa-mohaa-map-database-mohaa-maps-mohsh-maps-mohbt-maps
or this
http://109.70.148.92/AAAAMOHAA/content/aaaamohaaaa-skins

Kind of understand as on Drupal none of my site is possible via core but didnt have to purchase anything to get it running but was dated on Drupal 6 and a big move on a complicated site like mine to Drupal 7 so hence here we are on Xenforo but now back to square one :(

Sorry but this is a shocker :(

Moving from Drupal I kind of expected this to be a basic feature so knew we had to put the work in to migrate from an unsupported platform import on xenforo but we kind of worked out how to do it all manually and it wasnt looking to hard to then find this out and TBH now beyond my skill set :(

I kind of screwed TBH and will sleep on this but ready to pull the plug and upgrade to Drupal 7 and wasted a month of work on the new site :( gutted
I sympathize for you, as I know how tough that can be. I've spent hundreds of dollars on scripts that I might never even use and played with several other open source scripts as well, and I can agree that this feature is pretty standard in many other community-generated content software platforms. What you have to keep in mind is that Xenforo is still relatively young compared to many other scripts out there, and many features that you would expect to be available still aren't, this being one of them. I think sometimes forum scripts in general tend to fall behind a little compared to other CMS-style scripts. But XF seems to be the one option that is on the rise and will soon have most of the features we all expect to see.

Any chance you can contract out and have this feature developed? @Waindigo , a developer here has told me he'd be willing to add this into his custom fields plugin. I just don't have the extra cash to fund it myself. If you'd be interested in in splitting the cost with me, and possibly another member or two we could get it done for pretty cheap.

Really dont know at present to be honest :(

Although not my funds for this project its just a community website non profit Its a an old game community website and by the looks my other admin already have all of Waindigo modules guessing some purchased many free so to have purchased a next gen website solution to end up in this position when many other open source solutions could get us where we need to be with out funds is a hard chew if you see what I mean - If we were a business then yup you got to invest in this kind of stuff but for us I think he over spent already :(

I sympathize for you, as I know how tough that can be. I've spent hundreds of dollars on scripts that I might never even use and played with several other open source scripts as well, and I can agree that this feature is pretty standard in many other community-generated content software platforms. What you have to keep in mind is that Xenforo is still relatively young compared to many other scripts out there, and many features that you would expect to be available still aren't, this being one of them. I think sometimes forum scripts in general tend to fall behind a little compared to other CMS-style scripts. But XF seems to be the one option that is on the rise and will soon have most of the features we all expect to see.

Any chance you can contract out and have this feature developed? @Waindigo , a developer here has told me he'd be willing to add this into his custom fields plugin. I just don't have the extra cash to fund it myself. If you'd be interested in in splitting the cost with me, and possibly another member or two we could get it done for pretty cheap.

Really dont know at present to be honest :(

Although not my funds for this project its just a community website non profit Its a an old game community website and by the looks my other admin already have all of Waindigo modules guessing some purchased many free so to have purchased a next gen website solution to end up in this position when many other open source solutions could get us where we need to be with out funds is a hard chew if you see what I mean
- If we were a business then yup you got to invest in this kind of stuff but for us I think he over spent already :(

So now we in to time and funds and my current mind is I know I can do a next gen on Drupal 7.............
Many features on Drupal and massive support base but yeh its got plenty of issues I know hence why we are here............

but seen some great features on Xenforo and TBH love it but I think Xenforo for a paid in purchase for a non profit website is just a no go I think we spent to much already for something that is not yet got basics of a generic website :(

Ok so putting that a side bearing in mind we already in time and money what sort of costs....... We can make a small donation but and happy to do that for some ones effort but this turning into costly miss adventure :(

And sorry my posts so negative :( I would like to thank you for your time and effort to reply to me GREATLY appreciated as you can tell brassed off but appreciate your time in listening to a whine :)

Yeh thanks dude but I am TBH ready to bail out but appreciate support and would contribute but its hard for a non profit org to support this its like buying a car with no engine may as well try to support an open source running on lemmings than fund a lemming

God that sounds bad but see my position as a non business willing to donate but cant get off the ground with this

Top Bottom