Custom fields for replies.

Alpha1

Custom Thread fields have been implemented in xenforo 2. You can add ratings, date picker and all of the custom fields that XF1 has.
.webp

But only this only works for the first post of a thread. Not for replies.

So if you add a rating field, then only the thread starter will be able to rate while the other participants cannot. It would be so much more useful if everyone can participate.

I suggest to add custom fields for replies as well. This would allow any participant of a thread to use a custom field.

Upvote 43
I'd love something like this...

Screenshot_10.webp

Don't get me wrong Custom Thread Fields are a welcomed change but if they were extended from the start that'd be amazing. I can see so many uses for this especially with the star ratings.

Example... I post a thread on a recipe, having users be able to respond with star ratings in their replies would be just great.

I can see so many uses for this especially with the star ratings.
Yes, IMHO this would be a game changer. There would be so many things that I would do with it:
  1. Allow users to add a rating to their reply.
  2. Ask/Require users to fill in specific information.
  3. Create Forms.
  4. Create Surveys.
By using the Value Display HTML function it would become possible to go really advanced with it. Some random examples: create a 'buy from amazon' button for the topic discussed or include a wikipedia snippet about it.

I also think that if this is implemented it will surpass polls pretty fast, because now you can combine ratings and replies instead of just having votes. It would be much more interactive. I will post a separate suggestion for polls.

Yes, IMHO this would be a game changer. There would be so many things that I would do with it:
  1. Allow users to add a rating to their reply.
  2. Ask/Require users to fill in specific information.
  3. Create Forms.
  4. Create Surveys.
By using the Value Display HTML function it would become possible to go really advanced with it. Some random examples: create a 'buy from amazon' button for the topic discussed or include a wikipedia snippet about it.

I also think that if this is implemented it will surpass polls pretty fast, because now you can combine ratings and replies instead of just having votes. It would be much more interactive. I will post a separate suggestion for polls.
It's a great suggestion

This would be extremely useful to have for Resource disussion threads! It'd be great to prompt the user for the version number of the resource they're using, or at least a way to fill in some sort of bug report template.

Top Bottom