1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Field Upload Attatchments

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Adam K M, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Adam K M

Adam K M Active Member

Hello,

I was wondering how I would go about setting up a custom user field (well, actually a custom thread field powered by Waindigo's plugin) which acts the same as the 'upload a file' button below the XenForo User Field, and it let's users upload files with extensions of my own choice. (I'm looking at allowing common image formats, mp3's, and .zip's - kind of doing something similar to XF's "resource" plugin, but lots of different formatting types - ie. embedding soundcloud, videos, pictures, special titles, etc.).

This is currently under creation for a custom blog system, with my own add-on running concurrently with waindigo's user fields add-on. (His handles the data, mine handles the processing / php call-backs and formatting) Unfortunately, in this case the ability to upload files does not exist - so my own plugin needs to do the heavy lifting there - which is the reason I need help!