RM 1.2 Custom field display on main and/or category page | XFRM

JacquiiDesigns

2017-02-23_12-20-46.webp

Okay. Let's say we've created a custom field for a 100-character website blurb.
Is there a relatively easy and painless way of including the specific custom field code on the main and/or category page of XFRM? Perhaps there's a relatively simple template edit?...

Any suggestions on how to accomplish such a thing would be very much appreciate.
Thanks,

J.

Unfortunately, the custom fields are unlikely to be available there. If they are, they'd be in {$resource.customFields}, but to expose them would require an add-on.

Thanks for your reply @Mike.
I have another question actually. Say i want to actually include the actual resource description in the aforementioned area... I think it's
{xen:raw $_subView} that populates the actual code in the actual resource view.

Would it be possible to add that to the main and/or category page of XFRM?
It seems it would be be possible by editing the resource_list_item template to include the correct code. Can you perhaps suggest a further course of action to show the resource description in that area?

Thanks,

J.

That's going to require custom development as well. The data isn't likely to be exposed, but even if it were, you'd need to do a fair amount of processing to get is ready for display (rendering the BB code, potentially grabbing attachments, etc).

That's going to require custom development as well. The data isn't likely to be exposed, but even if it were, you'd need to do a fair amount of processing to get is ready for display (rendering the BB code, potentially grabbing attachments, etc).
Let me ask you... Someone familiar with XF add-on development... How much time do you think it would take to develop such functionality? What would you particularly price such a task, as I've a client that's interested in having such a functionality to better mimic his old vB DTO Vendor Tools install. XFRM has been a great substitute of sorts, with using a bit of creative ingenuity LOL. But one thing members have whined about is that the site description is not on the main page. We could likely use the tagline to output the description - but it's sorta already in use.

So yeah... May be in the market for custom development - but I'm not exactly sure what sorta pricepoint to expect for the task. I'll appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

J.

Honestly, I'm not sure. I don't expect it'd be that complex but I'm not sure what sort of snags I'd run into without looking at the approach in detail.

Top Bottom