Custom coder here, my opinion

SonnyCooL

custom coder here is ready to rip our head off, honestly coder showing some very very bad attitude and behavior here.
i posted some job, some one does come to me and offer USD 3000, USD 5000, Euro 1650 (but is just REST API, please don't treat everyone as your personal bank.

Another bad response, they come to ask for job cope, once i pass them all related information, they will send me another question " How much you willing to Pay ? How much can you afford ? " aren't that stupid, payment/fees is base on ur skill and job, is you offering it, not HOW MUCH I WILLING TO PAY OR HOW MUCH I CAN AFFORD.

btw all this only happen in Xenforo, not any forum (issit because i'm new here ??) ... this is really piss me off now

Last edited:
I'd say asking the budget of the client is the FIRST question you ask someone as it makes it clear how realistic what they're asking for actually is.
Clients often feel uncomfortable answering that in my experience. Generally when I'm on the other end needing a service, I'll either get laughed at because they value their time much, much higher than what I expected it to be (and get a rude or no response, keep in mind this is with a fair first offer not knowing what the other person is expecting) OR they'll see your budget is much higher and try to max out their prices more.

For that reason clients generally want a quote first and then they'll either accept it or try to budget it down a bit.

You spoke about this on another thread and you said that you're asking people on Upwork and you're being ripped off either in pricing or quality of work. People on those sites generally either aren't qualified and look for quick cash, or they charge a lot and are mediocre (in my experience anyway). Try asking here, as I said before?

You spoke about this on another thread and you said that you're asking people on Upwork and you're being ripped off either in pricing or quality of work. People on those sites generally either aren't qualified and look for quick cash, or they charge a lot and are mediocre (in my experience anyway). Try asking here, as I said before?

I have my own team, reason for me to outsources it out is simple, cause i just have xenforo for one day, i need time for my team to pickup/understand (+ very busy, we still working at this hour 1.34am for my other script) how xenforo work before i can fully execute what i want :P

i think because i'm new here, seem like most coder is try to rip me off ... sad

i din't post specific job ....
as i have many thing wanted to do now :)
Then please explain how any coder can quote you for a job at all?

If you're looking for a coder to be on call and to do whatever you think of when you think of it, the prices you've been quoted really aren't bad at all. You're basically hiring a coder full time.

Then please explain how any coder can quote you for a job at all?

If you're looking for a coder to be on call and to do whatever you think of when you think of it, the prices you've been quoted really aren't bad at all. You're basically hiring a coder full time.

Yah good ...
REST API for USD 5000 ... cool and good prices (for him not ME)

everyone have their own way to deal and manage outsource, as this moment i have min 4 task (simple), whoever contact me i will offer them a task to check their response,ability, responsibility and skill .....
they definitely know what is their job, not blind fold :P

I still haven't seen any specific job request on this site that describes exactly what you're looking for. So, I doubt many people from this site have responded.

Yah good ...
REST API for USD 5000 ... cool and good prices (for him not ME)
Well yeah if if you need to use data from one existing API endpoint to only do one thing like login yeah $5000 seems a bit much...but if you are asking for someone to literally create an entire RESTful API for you and then integrate that with your forum...$5000 is actually cheap. 5000 doesn't even cover the yearly tax bill on MY house, not even close.

For instance...this is an example of a job where the client needs a site made using an existing API and has no positive reputation of being a non scammer client.

https://www.freelancer.com/projects/Graphic-Design/Build-Website-11831878/

The average bid there is $4500 dollars, if he was asking for that API to be built so that other sites could use his API service I suspect that the average bids would be closer to the $25,000 - 75,000 range and would be something you would be waiting a while for to be completed (companies hire for a full time position to have someone build them a full API where I am at so try and put into perspective what you are asking for).

All that said I just went though your content and am not seeing any actual custom development requests except that one thread that went from a question asking if there is developers around to nameless general developer bashing and while you still may find someone to do that job for you I personally would weigh the risks presented in what I have read in your content and not bid even if you had good money to put up.

this is really piss me off now

I'm not saying you can't be pissed off, but time is like money in that it is relative.

What is a good price for you in whatever country and level of wealth you live at might be like asking someone else in a more expensive place to live to basically work for free or for a loss.

Top Bottom