Lack of interest Custom BBTags: Another placeholder

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

sheel

Currently, there are {option} and {text}
Code:
[mybbcode]aaa[/mybbcode]
{text}: aaa
{option}: (empty)

[mybbcode=bbb]aaa[/mybbcode]
{option}: bbb

I suggest adding a third placeholder that has the option value "if" an option is given, else the text value
Code:
[mybbcode]aaa[/mybbcode]
{optionortext}: aaa

{optionortext}: bbb

Currently a full plugin would be required for getting one or the other value. And it's a pretty small change (I think)...

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Currently, there are {option} and {text}
Code:
[mybbcode]aaa[/mybbcode]

I suggest adding a third placeholder that has the option value "if" an option is given, else the text value
Code:
[mybbcode]aaa[/mybbcode]
{optionortext}: aaa

{optionortext}: bbb

Currently a full plugin would be required for getting one or the other value. And it's a pretty small change (I think)...
I'm not sure I follow that, but I don't think it is worth doing seeing that I can't tell what purpose it would actually serve. I see 2 values in both your examples so no matter what at best you describe adding an option for no reason.

Why not just use a callback?

Maybe if you can give a real world use example instead of aaa and bbb which mean nothing nor show why I need two fields to have the same value.

Top Bottom