Not planned Ctrl + S for Submitting a Page/Post/Widget/Etc.

Digital Jedi

Ctrl + S submits your post.

Ctrl + S submits your template changes.
Ctrl + Alt + S submits your template changes and exits the template editor.

Ctrl + S submits your widget.
Ctrl + Alt + S submits your widget and exits the widget editor.

Same for saving nodes, pages, etc. Any time you need to submit something, you can just do it with the keyboard. This is a feature that used to shave minutes off my workflow or messaging and added up greatly over time. Plus it was just super convenient.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Perhaps Ctrl-Enter... I've seen weird behaviours with Ctrl-S vs browser-native controls the past. (Especially as Ctrl-Enter already works to submit things.)

Perhaps Ctrl-Enter... I've seen weird behaviours with Ctrl-S vs browser-native controls the past.
Ctrl-S opens the File/Save (As) dialog in browsers as well as many popular software packages, so unless something intercepts that, you're correct in that Ctrl-Enter is a better choice for a keyboard shortcut.

Ctrl-S opens the File/Save (As) dialog in browsers as well as many popular software packages, so unless something intercepts that, you're correct in that Ctrl-Enter is a better choice for a keyboard shortcut.
As I understand it, keyboard shortcuts have different assignments when the text editor is in focus. This has been my experience, at least. Here and on my forum, Ctrl + S does nothing except activate the strickethrough formatting. Much like Ctrl + B hides/shows my bookmarks, except when I'm in a text editor and it make text bold.

This was the way it worked in vBulletin 3 for a number of years. It was one of my favorite features.

It’s not really because the editor is in focus, it’s because the editor consciously intercepts it before it gets to the browser to handle…

Either way, we have implemented shortcut keys for saving and submitting content and the shortcut for that is Cmd + Enter or Ctrl + Enter in most places. We’re not planning to change this or add Ctrl + S.

Either way, we have implemented shortcut keys for saving and submitting content and the shortcut for that is Cmd + Enter or Ctrl + Enter in most places. We’re not planning to change this or add Ctrl + S.
I wasn't aware that it was something you could do with any shortcut. Hence the request. No one ever seems to have mentioned it (at least in a way that comes up in search.)

Top Bottom