CSS3 is Awesome!

There is a line where high definition for a website crosses... and people really aren't that interested in it, because a web site isn't supposed to be blu-ray movie quality. I would put Retina display quality right at the bottom of my list of things to do as well.
It's all good. I have no list to speak of since I've completed every goal I set out to accomplish when I first started my forum.

To me, the term "retina-ready" doesn't mean anything. Its the same as back in the 90s when we were using terms like "synergy", or later when we were saying "web 2.0". What is retina? High resolution? Really? We need a special term for that now?

We don't necessarily need a special term for it, but Apple being who they are have yet again provided consumers with something they didn't even know they needed, these super high resolution displays. In doing so they coined their own term for it, complete with some nice alliteration so that 'retina-ready' rolls off the tongue.

High res and HD displays have been around for a long time, but what other consumer devices have the same pixel density as these 'retina' displays? There's a distinct difference between a high res laptop screen and a retina laptop screen, there's a difference between the majority of tablet screens, and the ipad retina screen. Until other manufacturers catch up then retina does still kinda mean something... Apple displays

Would love that as I'm lazy as hell XD

I'm about to release another version with sprites.
Basically what I have to do is create a font type for the gamer icons. I've never done that before and it will be my first time creating a font, but it's worth it when combining it with CSS3 so that it will look cool in high-def. I'll create my own font type for the social media icons too because the link I posted did not have all the networks I put my site on.

I'm not pushing a move to 'retina-ready' site yet but I know that sooner or later I should consider it on any of my sites.
I'm also putting together a mobile version of my site, so I think these tiny graphics will help create an eye candy environment.
Would love to have visually addicted members?

Like shelley's sites/work. I'm visually addicted. It can be based on anything and I'll just visit to gawk at the work >.>

I'm not pushing a move to 'retina-ready' site yet but I know that sooner or later I should consider it on any of my sites.
I'm also putting together a mobile version of my site, so I think these tiny graphics will help create an eye candy environment.
Would love to have visually addicted members?

Like shelley's sites/work. I'm visually addicted. It can be based on anything and I'll just visit to gawk at the work >.>
Making a mobile version of anything is a pain in the butt man! Probably part of why it's taking Xenforo to take so long to create a mobile theme.

Yup. I like to share but I can't share what I did so far because I got it from somewhere else, so I have to create my own version, just so I can share it.

That's it, your dabbling in anything and everything and there's always a learning curve so I'm sure when you have something your designed and built from scratch the community members will benefit from it.

That's it, your dabbling in anything and everything and there's always a learning curve so I'm sure when you have something your designed and built from scratch the community members will benefit from it.
Have you tried making a font before?

Have you tried making a font before?

Tried no. Made several sets yeah. Took quite a bit of effort manipulating the paths/anchors the way i wanted the font to look like. Forgot the name of the software i used but I made several font packs about 5-6 years ago.

Not to derail too much, but seeing as it's still vector/graphics/font related, check out this awesome font I stumbled across the other day. I thought it was pretty cool :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The fonts and type section of my design classes were extremely boring. Despite all the effort the teacher placed in trying to get us to think outside of the box... we all used helvetica >.>

HELVETICA

Perfectly designed for almost any application.
Easy to read and balanced.
Why would you want anything more?

Not to derail too much, but seeing as it's still vector/graphics/font related, check out this awesome font I stumbled across the other day. I thought it was pretty cool :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That's actually very cool :eek:

The fonts and type section of my design classes were extremely boring. Despite all the effort the teacher placed in trying to get us to think outside of the box... we all used helvetica >.>

HELVETICA

Perfectly designed for almost any application.
Easy to read and balanced.
Why would you want anything more?
I hope this wasn't at a University or classes at a design college...

I hope this wasn't at a University or classes at a design college...
It was a intermediate course for design at a community college. But the statements about helvetica was my bland humor about it.

I gave up in the design major and went for business. The world is safe once more lol

It was a intermediate course for design at a community college. But the statements about helvetica was my bland humor about it.

I gave up in the design major and went for business. The world is safe once more lol
I was about to say, most design courses at Universities or art schools will fail your project if it is submitted with anything that is commonly used.

Well it's been 11 days later and I can honestly say I have never seen my site's resources go in the red since I started using CSS3 gradients. This was one of the best decisions I've ever made as a webmaster. Andrew Parson's wasn't kidding when he said 'You could go through your CSS files and literally drop around 60 uses of gradient in a Xenforo style just by applying the above, thus a massive performance improvement in loading time to a good majority of your users who utilise current web standards browsers.' I am nowhere near changing '60 uses of gradient'. I only did it to a handful of style properties and two templates to get this awesome result.

Top Bottom