CSS3 in xenForo?

You could try load the page in internet explorer. But if you can for some reason do that then heres a quick screen
cf032881302e449aadb9e25.png

It's not a fallback system, it's just how CSS works. Browsers won't render what isn't supported, but coding css3 there where if the browser doesn't support it, it doesn't break the design, is basically the fallback. However, I am sure some elements are put in place to help IE support specifically, but which site doesn't do that.

It's not a fallback system, it's just how CSS works. Browsers won't render what isn't supported, but coding css3 there where if the browser doesn't support it, it doesn't break the design, is basically the fallback. However, I am sure some elements are put in place to help IE support specifically, but which site doesn't do that.
Yeah, that's basically what i meant.

Well basically CSS3 is not the problem, since not see rounded-corners and shadows is not important. But what happens to html5? Because we know that IE8 does not support it, how xenForo replaces the use of html5 for IE8? I guess that will have a script that detects the user's browser and based on that load the page or another, but only speculate. Because they do but may have problems.

Well basically CSS3 is not the problem, since not see rounded-corners and shadows is not important. But what happens to html5? Because we know that IE8 does not support it, how xenForo replaces the use of html5 for IE8? I guess that will have a script that detects the user's browser and based on that load the page or another, but only speculate. Because they do but may have problems.
HTML5 can be used in browsers that don't support the tags by creating the elements using JavaScript. I assume this is what Kier and Mike have done :)

Oswaldo said that IE8 doesn't support HTML5 and I took a guess that you'd used JavaScript's createElement to create them - looking at your reply I guess I was mistaken :p
One of our requirements for the front end is that it is fully operational without Javascript. If we relied upon tags being built with Javascript, that would fall over. So we don't.

Top Bottom