css.php is there a way to <link> that in as a static file?

Tigratrus

When I see css.php being called in XF headers it's got a bunch of parameters and what looks like an incrementing id# passed as parameters.

Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?css=xenforo,form,public&amp;style=7&amp;d=1297095139" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?css=attachment_editor,bb_code,editor_ui,likes_summary,message,message_user_info,quick_reply,share_page,thread_view&amp;style=7&amp;d=1297095139"

I'm guessing the d=##### is to force the css to be recached when there is an update?

Ideally we'd like to rework a WP theme like Sandbox to use XF css classes, and then just call in the xf css directly so that the same file is cached and reused throughout the site. It would give us great semantic markup on the WP side, and make the two sides automatically styled the same while improving the user experience as you'd only cache the .css once.

Is there a way to make that happen?

TIA for any clarification/assistance anyone can provide!

Nice!

As an aside, if you click on the Login or Sign Up tab on your site, forcing the jQuery to drop the login form down, and then you attempt to click it again to close it, it doesn't close. I don't know if that's a Flexile thing, or a consequence of your work with the files, but I thought I'd let you know.

Nice!

As an aside, if you click on the Login or Sign Up tab on your site, forcing the jQuery to drop the login form down, and then you attempt to click it again to close it, it doesn't close. I don't know if that's a Flexile thing, or a consequence of your work with the files, but I thought I'd let you know.

Yeah that's actually a bug I'm working on at the moment.

looks good mate.

I took a slightly different route, and used the wordpress API to create my own home page, wrapped in xF.

www.fps.net.nz
The front page is built entirely from the wordpress site: www.fps.net.nz/wp

The "What's all this about" box is a single page, which I get like this:
Code:
$args=array(
   'post_type'=>'page',
   'post__in' => array(27)
);
$my_query = new WP_Query($args);

The latest promo is a single blog which I get like this:
query_posts('posts_per_page=1'); // number of posts?

The previous competitions bit is the last 10 blog entries which I get like this:
query_posts('posts_per_page=10');

I still don't have a graceful way of wrapping the page in xF .. hopefully the developers will sort this in the future

My theme is just about done, all I have left to do is fix a few links and one of the menus. I'm hoping today or tomorrow :) At the moment, it is ready to go with the main menu, the sidebar using widgets from wordpress and all content types. All you have to do to set it up is give it the style id for the one you choose in the wordpress control panel and give it the path to xenforo. I know it works with Flexfile and the Xenforo base skins, I'll test with a few more soon but it's looking real smooth :)

Screen shot 2011-02-10 at 2.42.51 PM.webpScreen shot 2011-02-10 at 2.44.50 PM.webp

Top Bottom