1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 CSS Error: PHP:

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by AA7BQ, Jul 23, 2015.

1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ Member

I have this grey bar at the top of all of my pages. Debug mode is turned OFF. I don't have any modified templates. I modified one template and then backed it out. Everything is working fine, except for this annoying error box. Note: there is no error in the box, just the empty grey box.

What's wrong?

2. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

a screenshot may help identify the problem.

3. AA7BQ

AA7BQ Member

Untitled-1.png
    Here's a shot of the page

4. Steve F

Check a completely unedited default style, there is a property in a css file most likely that isn't being used or some such.

Create a new style with no parent.

5. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Funny that the error is styled. Could it be a badly placed notice? Looks like the notice area, with rounded corners there

6. AA7BQ

AA7BQ Member

That was interesting. I created a new style with no parent and the problem went away on the user pages. I then deleted the new style and everything is still OK, except for the Admin CP which still has it.

I would like to add that I'm a recent convert from vB 5 and you guy are impressing the hell out of me! Great stuff here!

Steve F likes this.
  7. Steve F

Try to navigate to yourdomain/install/ and hit the rebuild master data button.

8. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

I would also purge any caching modules on the server and at your CDN if using.