• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Not a bug CSS Error (due to php notice); A non-numeric value encountered (php7.1)

Xon

I've noticed that numerically computed CSS attributes based off style-properties can print the "non-numeric value" notice. So far this has only occurred on my dev environment on a custom theme when throwing an error on a particular page.

But it looks like this could occur on the standard theme

Default values for style properties:
headerLogoHeight:50px
headerTabHeight:25px

From /internal_data/templates/S.1,L.0,public.css.php
Code:
                line-height: ' . (XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::styleProperty('headerLogoHeight') - 4) . 'px;
                *line-height: ' . XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::styleProperty('headerLogoHeight') . ';
These output:
Code:
PHP Notice:  A non well formed numeric value encountered in /internal_data/templates/S.1,L.0,public.css.php on line 16
                line-height: 46px;
                *line-height: 50px
headerLogoHeight/headerTabHeight are documented as being in pixels, but a bunch of the css assumes it has units while the other assumes it doesn't have units.

Arty

You need to wrap all numeric values in calculations that might have units or might be empty in intval:
Code:
line-height: {xen:calc 'intval(@headerLogoHeight) - 4'}px;
It was changed in default style in 1.5.8 or 1.5.9. Your code is outdated.

Xon

You need to wrap all numeric values in calculations that might have units or might be empty in intval:
Code:
line-height: {xen:calc 'intval(@headerLogoHeight) - 4'}px;
It was changed in default style in 1.5.8 or 1.5.9. Your code is outdated.
Yup, missed an update. Not sure how I missed that