XF 1.5 CSS Corruption : Totally unstyled website

Rob

Hi,

My site is completely unstyled and looks awful as the CSS is not cached properly.

I've tried rebuilding the templates and reimporting the master data.
The default style works fine, but not this style.

This is from the page source:-
Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css.php?css=xenforo,form,public&amp;style=3&amp;dir=LTR&amp;d=1440493245"/>

All the above link serves is gobblidygook, unprintable characters, ie:-
Code:
�������}{sG��߇O�'Ɯ,� )�����f���}#����
�h���������U�U]
P�����1mtw=�����UY�r~5^��M��o/����^m�g����bu�7N����/W����d����wg����d��;�u'��dҽ�u��lڽv�Fݫ���A���{���\���Ť�^,V�݋i=�������t���t�n6�ż���mƫz�]v�f����q�����Uw3���.�����r<�L��'����lVߞ-V�z����r]�؏S��^�ϥ|�{z}���
�[��u�|��L��}2���y����7�����x3^u�
�by{��oz���Y}2�_ի���_����W{w7�g���
If I can change the d parameter at the end of that css link then regular CSS is returned so it would seem to me like the cached version, or stored CSS is corrupt.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Incidentally, this is after upgrading UI.X to 1.5 - I've posted in that thread too but looking for a quick insight since my site is down and the issue may be related to xF's cache system.

Hope someone can help, cheers!

Looks to me like there may be something between XenForo and the client manipulating the response. As an example, I actually turned off gzipping in Firefox (no longer reporting that we accept it), but the requests were still served with gzip. XenForo won't do this.

I suspect this is relevant. You may do best turning off gzip (and possibly content lengths) in XenForo via config.php (Config.php Options | XenForo) to see if that makes a difference. Alternatively, you could see if you can identify what is doing the compression outside of XF.

Interestingly just had a ticket about the same issue.
It appears cloudflare may be involved.

Have you resolved it @Rob as your sites appear to be loading fine now.

@Brogan..... yes, I have sort of resolved it.... I've turned off all caching and optimisations on the server and cloudflare.... I still cant nail what is causing it but either cloudflare or the pagespeed module are strong contenders - cloudflare is the current favourite.

For pagespeed module you need to look over your config and see what directives are set, if you didn't set custom directives it more than likely is not that module that is causing your headaches.

Top Bottom