CSS and IE9

• Thread starter Thread starter bogus
  • Start date Start date
B

bogus

I just installed the new update for Win 7 and had to realize that the "new" IE9 does not display CSS rounded corners which is a pain in the ***

before this version, everything was fine too. i made the Update about 20 mins ago.
I am not using it at all but to check my side i have installed all browsers ;)

hmm. Not here, dont know why..... weird. Anyway, i have restyled the News-Area again. This works, at least in opera and chrome.

Just an educated guess.. But you know there is a compatibility mode in IE9 and sometimes it switches to this mode automatically (for whatever reason, it seemed to be very buggy in the beta).

Other than that, I'm pretty sure IE9 does support border-radius.

I've got all the vB4 rounded corners and drop shadows working in IE9.

Of course, I had to add them myself, since vB4 only has the moz and webkit variants. And incidentally the next version of Chrome doesn't use the webkit variants, it uses the "proper" ones, so vB4's rounded corners and shadows won't work in that either.

IE9 also seems to have problems with negative margins.

No don't tell me that.... will have to do some testing later today. I have several negative margins in quite a few websites :p

Edit: Working perfectly here with all websites that I have tested with negative margins!

What problem did you experience?

I'll be using images instead of the border radius property so i'm sure mine will display in ie9 there displaying okay in ie8. I would have rather used the border-radius but ie has always been in pain whenever styling.

Top Bottom