• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.1 Cron Entry for CometChat

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
The callback needs a class and method within XenForo's namespace. Create a directory and PHP file to define a class. For example, create:

library/Comet/Cron.php

Code:
<?php

class Comet_Cron
{
	public static function runCron()
	{
		include 'http://www.yoursite.com/cometchat/cron.php';
	}
}
Then your callback would be:

Class = Comet_Cron
Method = runCron

Jeff Fuqua

Thanks for your reply.

There's already a cron.php on the root for another xenforo add-on. Can I name this "cron2.php" and change the code you gave me to say "runCron2" on the fifth line?

Jeff Fuqua

Sorry for the confusion.

The Comet folder was installed on the root. There is no Comet folder in the library right now.

Do I need to make one?

Jeff Fuqua

Okay. Got a Cron.php file as you outlined in post #2 above and placed it in a Comet folder in the library. Here's the result when I made a run:

Server Error

include() [function.include]: http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_include=0
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Comet/Cron.php at line 7
  2. Comet_Cron::runCron() in Comet/Cron.php at line 7
  3. Comet_Cron::runCron()
  4. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/Cron.php at line 356
  5. XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Cron.php at line 204
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I am trying to do something similar - I want to create some tables on my database and have the php file:

/library/UpdateRatingsComments/Ratings.php

to do the job.

I want a cron to run the php regularly.

I have created the following Cron.php file:

PHP:
<?php

class Ratings_Cron
{
    public static function runCron()
    {
        include 'http://www.arsenaltalk.net/library/UpdateRatingsComments/Ratings.php';
    }
}
When creating my cron I am using

Class : Ratings_Cron
Method : runCron

however I get the following error:

"Please enter a valid callback method." when trying to create the cron job

What am I doing wrong here?

Finally not completely solved. I got this error...

Erreur Info
ErrorException: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home2/grenon/public_html/library/XenForo/Cron.php:47) - cometchat/cometchat_init.php:85
Généré par: Compte inconnu, Aujourd'hui à 14:40
Trace de la pile
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'session_start()...', '/home2/grenon/p...', 85, Array)
#1 /home2/grenon/public_html/cometchat/cometchat_init.php(85): session_start()
#2 /home2/grenon/public_html/cometchat/modules.php(3): include_once('/home2/grenon/p...')
#3 /home2/grenon/public_html/cometchat/cron.php(56): include_once('/home2/grenon/p...')
#4 /home2/grenon/public_html/library/Comet/Cron.php(7): include('/home2/grenon/p...')
#5 [internal function]: Comet_Cron::runCron(Array)
#6 /home2/grenon/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#7 /home2/grenon/public_html/library/WhoHasReadAThread/Model/Cron.php(30): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#8 /home2/grenon/public_html/library/XenForo/Cron.php(29): WhoHasReadAThread_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#9 /home2/grenon/public_html/library/XenForo/Cron.php(64): XenForo_Cron->run()
#10 /home2/grenon/public_html/cron.php(12): XenForo_Cron::runAndOutput()
#11 {main}
État de la demande
array(3) {
["url"] => string(46) "http://www.miui-france.org/cron.php?1350909642"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
[1350909642] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
Anyone can help me? Thanks!

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Surround your require or include line with ob functions. This is the code example linked above:

Code:
        ob_start();
        require('/path/to/your/html/file.html');
        $myContent = ob_get_contents();
        ob_end_clean();

Hum ok but what should I use instead of the
$myContent
???

Currently my file looks like this:

PHP:
 <?php

class Comet_Cron