Critique of Fierceboard.com

Well I find the logo too big on the portal but other than that I say it looks great (y)
o o_O I had the opposite impression - I was kinda expecting the girl and the logo in the forum page. The image was so strong it imprinted itself into my mind when I visited the portal.

Our splash page is very busy (using Jaxel's portal plugin). It contains a ton of information relevent to the cheer industry (recent news, some advertisements to cheer related stuff).

I see you switched to Wordpress.
It looks great.
What was your rationale for going to Wordpress ?

I saw this pic and thought of you.
5396830.bin

source

Ideally you would offer more style integration between xenforo and wordpress.
They really feel like unrelated sites.

I see you switched to Wordpress.
It looks great.
What was your rationale for going to Wordpress ?

I saw this pic and thought of you.
5396830.bin

source

Ideally you would offer more style integration between xenforo and wordpress.
They really feel like unrelated sites.
Do you know about
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xendynamic-wordpress-theme.19856/ ?

Ok the colours are bad (even for my male eyes) ... but if the header was the same between the two at least it would seem like the sites are related.

View attachment 18840

Hah to the picture. The cheer our board represents is more all-star style... so more based on skills and less on dancing. A video example would be:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But I appreciate the thought.

I went to Wordpress because of how I am representing news and stories. I do not have time to create or write much content, so I wanted a way to pull all these people to our site to find the latest stories. The news site is an aggregator of content and when you click on a story it takes you straight to the original source. So you are never reading a story ON my site. Everyone wins in this situation.

As for the background... I hadn't really thought about it. I might try and bring it over just to make them seem more related, but I thought the background would be a bit too much.

Better ! :)
I think if you put:
miss.fierce.webp
Miss Fierce in xenforo too .. it'll help with the integration.
As well, I like her hairdo so I think she deserves it for such as smart looking cut.

I was going to suggest that you should put a FORUMS link here:
forums.link.in.toolbar.not.above.webp

The big warning "The forums are here" really helps bridge the Wordpress and Xenforo.
You may want a smaller version of what you suggest to go in the reverse direction.

Keep up on the great site.

focused Mobile Content

How has your "Mobile Rules" been received ?

Seems like this is an interesting idea ... don't make your own site mobile ... but make "IMPORTANT" stuff mobile and do it really well.

focused Mobile Content

How has your "Mobile Rules" been received ?

Seems like this is an interesting idea ... don't make your own site mobile ... but make "IMPORTANT" stuff mobile and do it really well.

The organizations that run cheerleading are TERRIBLE at offering a mobile rules solution. I did that MUCH to their chagrin (but I needed it personally). It is very well received and disliked by those higher up because they don't control it. I am also creating a cheeropedia.org that is also mobile. Will be groundbreaking for our sport (yes it is a sport... what is up in the picture above is not a sport).

Top Bottom